Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Missing money and $20 mil sold aircraft not added!  (Read 1981 times)

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
Missing money and $20 mil sold aircraft not added!
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
Again, there are faults in the game.

Just sold an aircraft for $M19,999... and nothing has gone into the account.
It always went in right away. I have refreshed the page, logged out and back in, stays the same.
Un less it gets adjusted at the end of the day...?
I got a message that it was sold after posting a press release.

The graph calculations on the chart do not match what goes into the money total, deducting all costs from fuel.
I lost $3M. at the turn of the year with the money amount being frozen, for d ays when i was watching the changes on line.
Not even into the New Year, 1978, did it change one figure.
i have total M1.7 ticket income, and total incl fuel and other expenses, $750,000.
The profit difference is not going in.
Lost at least $2Mil then.

Please can the Airwaysim team check this, and my account, and come back to me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:20:46 PM by DutchBlond »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Missing money and $20 mil sold aircraft not added!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »
If you think it is a bug then post in the bug section, not the actual game section.
My bet is that you are doing your calculations wrong anyway otherwise all the experienced players would also be complaining.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:26:44 PM »
Again, there are faults in the game.

Just sold an aircraft for $M19,999... and nothing has gone into the account.
It always went in right away. I have refreshed the page, logged out and back in, stays the same.
Un less it gets adjusted at the end of the day...?
I got a message that it was sold after posting a press release.

The graph calculations on the chart do not match what goes into the money total, deducting all costs from fuel.
I lost $3M. at the turn of the year with the money amount being frozen, for d ays when i was watching the changes on line.
Not even into the New Year, 1978, did it change one figure.
i have total M1.7 ticket income, and total incl fuel and other expenses, $750,000.
The profit difference is not going in.
Lost at least $2Mil then.

Please can the Airwaysim team check this, and my account, and come back to me.

Can you post a screenshot of your income statements?  Also the message saying it was sold on x date for x amount?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
Sorry, but why are you "spamming" this allover? You have another thread already, and you have posted a "support ticket" of this twice already? No need to start a new thread all over again ...

Anyway, your income statement shows that the plane is sold. But your previous quarter posted a LOSS of 20 million, and current quarter posted so far a PROFIT of 24 million. Last time when we looked you had about 3 million cash (two days IRL ago). Remove 20 and add 24, compared with 3 mil previous balance =>  you will have about 7 mil cash, and that is exactly what you have now.

So nothing wrong there that I can see of.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:06:23 PM by sami »

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
Sometimes a little math should do the trick instead of whining.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
Pretty obvious when i had $7 Million due to changes in routes, staff reductions, discarding of unprofitable routes, etc etc, which turned things including my stats around.
I sold my plane with 7M on the money.
STILL, almost 20 Million, the exact amount of the plane sale has never been added on! It should read now 27M cash and remain 85M Company worth.
Check my Company Value chart, it drops by $m20 in one day!
That "Math" is obvious even to a 5 yr old!

The value of the Company was 85 M, it is now $64M, in one day change. This is due to the asset of the plane being taken away but the credit for its sale has not been added! The asset and ownership should be replaced by the cash.
It never was added.
Completely impossible to lose $20M overnight middle of Feb 1978!
Either this is adjusted or it is obvious someone is manipulating the figures, setting players up?

Nothing to do with the loss of last year, that was purposeful, and paid loans, to ensure the maximum tax refund. I got $6.4Mill back.
I also have gained almost 10% in revenue and % occupancy of the services by lowering prices.
The sale of a plan after that time, should be credited and it is missing.
Either that or have the plane returned.

It is missing. I would like it posted to my money in the game.
If you want to be sarcastic and always resist that the game is completely perfect when it is not, that's pretty arrogant!
I posted a separate ticket as it is a different issue. It still has not been addressed.

Checking with some intelligence and scrutiny and the figures are blatantly, obviously, not correct.
Open and constructive criticism is the sign of a capable Business (in real life), which is not being displayed here either,
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:26:43 PM by DutchBlond »

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »
Nobody ever had observed anything like this before, that´s because the math mechanics of this game are correct.
And if you don´t sow your income sheets over a certain timespan nobody is able to follow your posts of wildly mentioned sums, deductions and calculations.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »
This is the type of detail you should have posted originally versus just saying "I sold a plane and it's not showing up when I logout and log back in/refresh/etc."

If your CV was $85 million and you sold a $20 million aircraft for $20 million, then your CV should have stayed the same.  However, if you got $20 million in cash and spent it on prepaid leases, slots, etc. then that money disappears from CV as AWS does not follow GAAP (yet).  If you put a down payment on aircraft to purchase, that prepayment disappears as an asset until the plane is delivered and then it shows back up on your CV.

Does that help explain what happened at all?  I know you were being trolled, but you should restrain yourself from jumping to conclusions about people getting setup, etc. as it doesn't score you any points with sami or the players with influence around here.

Online freson

• Members
    • http://www.fredsonders.nl
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 09:59:17 PM »
Hi,

I bought the airplane from DutchBlond but I think I got this one for free.
My company value has not reduced after buying the aircraft.
It hasn't been delivered yet but I suppose the company value will increase after the delivery of the aircraft.
I have made a screenshot of my company value but am using an Ipad at the moment and not able to upload it.
If necessary I'll post it tomorrow.

Regards,
Fred

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »
Hi,

I bought the airplane from DutchBlond but I think I got this one for free.
My company value has not reduced after buying the aircraft.
It hasn't been delivered yet but I suppose the company value will increase after the delivery of the aircraft.
I have made a screenshot of my company value but am using an Ipad at the moment and not able to upload it.
If necessary I'll post it tomorrow.

Regards,
Fred

instead of company value, i think the income page where the purchase plane column is will be more useful.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:35:36 PM by Aoitsuki »

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 09:33:46 AM »
I asked the guy that bought my plane to confirm that his money had been deducted.
(See above)

He has responded on here , and confirmed It HAD NOT!

I would be grateful, if people would not try to be sarcastic, or imply i don't know what i am doing, when i have been playing for several years.
It turns out that all the comments were completely wrong!
I appreciate some of the technical and accounting explanations, but I have no pre-ordered planes needing a bulk payment, i do not buy new aircraft at this stage.Neither is it concerned with previous figures last year 1977, which i repaid loans and got my Full tax refund.

FACTS:

I sold a plan on 17th Feb 1978.
The message was received that it was sold for $19,999,000.
My Money amount did not change.
My Company Value dropped by exactly the same amount, from $85M to $65M. It has remained so.
No money has been credited.
I asked the guy who bought it to confirm he had the plan and the money deducted.
He has confirmed on this post, that it has not!

Therefore, there IS a fault in the game , and we need assistance to change this error and credit my account, for his to be debited.

Clearly, someone should look with more detail, and thoroughness, and contact the person and look into their account.
the system Does have an error, and hopefully this will constructively demonstrate this, and can be corrected for the benefit of others, and game developers.

Sami, can you now please correct this, i need that money in the account urgently?
rather than immediately jump to conclusions someone does not know what they are doing, perhaps a consideration that something constructive is being raised?

So, now you can look at both accounts, and as the guy says, his account has not been deducted and he appears to have got the plane for free.
My Airline, has not been paid.
Please contact me and arrange to correct this, and i hope you can find where the fault is in the program for everyone benefit!

Thank you.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
we are not being sarcastic because you post it on a discussion forum asking for help, when we ask for any form of screenshot you just ignore the request and continue talking your own way. We can only think you are trolling.

Online freson

• Members
    • http://www.fredsonders.nl
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »

Here you go.
A screenshot of my company value after I bought the 707 and a graph of the income statement of the bought planes.
It shows that I have bought a plane in week 7 / 1978 for $19.999.000
This amount should have been deducted from my company value as long the plane had not been delivered.

The plane was delivered the last hours and my company value has increased with 19.999.000 at the moment of delivery.
I guess the plane was for free.  :)
I looks like there is a bug somewhere. I guess sami will look in to this.
And guys, lets not forget, Airwaysim is just a game. No need to get angry at each other.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
The company value graph is not "live", it is cached and stored only during one day in a week so it may not show that. In any case, everything is correct from what I can see of. Just tested as follows:

* Airline A [cash 40 383 202 USD, value 310 994 421 USD] sells a plane valued about 12 000 000 USD for the price of 10 000 000 USD.

* Airline B [cash 18 278 234 USD, value 7 278 234 USD] buys it.

* After purchase the cash of airline B goes to 8 278 234 USD and value to -2 721 766 USD and after delivery to 9 376 656 USD. And airline A has then immediately cash of 50 383 202 USD and value of 308 895 999 USD (-12 mil + 10 mil).

=> Money goes like it should, and so do the company values too.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »
And the money has not gone to my Airline, and the plane has gone "Missing" gone from my Airline, not delivered to the other???

BOTH players have confirmed and demonstrated the fault.

I am still missing $20Million. there was NO immediate transfer of money, deducted or added to either player.
The plane has left and not been delivered, the Amount of it's asset has gone from my Airline in one day of the game.
FACT.

So it needs to be adjusted, what is going to be done and when?

Other players should take note of the attitude here when there is clearly a bug in the computer program, that's after all what it is.
Trying to drown others in irrelevant technical issues, does not alter the failing of the program, and if not corrected, the person supervising it.

This needs adjusting...when?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:41:16 PM by DutchBlond »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 05:38:52 PM »
I am sure that other players are taking note of the attitude here.
But maybe not in the way you think.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 06:32:40 PM »
So you are now say that the plane is not delivered to the other airline? (where are you basing this assumption?)  It most certainly has been (just checked this myself). You can check the aircraft history page for that plane for example: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/View/History/5863/

For the company value chart of freson; if I am not mistaken there was a delivery of a bought plane that had a similar value then the one he purchased so the end result to company value was + / - 0. (though a bit hard to calculate backwards)

Futher checking; I took a database backup snapshot and installed it locally. Backup taken 23rd Aug during night, game date is 10-Dec-77. The plane was not listed for sale there yet, but I added it to listing with the 19.9 mil price. Then "logged in" as freson's airline (on the local test server still of course) and bought the plane.

Freson's CV before bying plane: 283 491 611 USD, cash: 62 557 091 USD
DutchBlond CV: 74 665 012 USD, cash: 3 265 360 USD

And after the plane was bought:
Freson: CV: 263 591 611 USD cash: 42 657 091 USD (CV to increase later)
DutchBlond CV: 77 418 646 USD, cash: 23 165 360 USD

(these were the immediate values visible right after the plane was bought, not taking into account any other actions, like ticket sales during day change)

But checked this too to make sure, and everything worked out normally again, even with the actual plane and these airlines (but it doesn't really matter though if it is just this plane and just this airline, it's the same code for everyone). So really cannot see at any point why any money would have not changed hands there, and no reason apparent to me that anything would have been wrong, tested it quite many times now.

And just to be sure, when the plane was listed for sale, was it for sale&lease or only for sale, and was it a private listing or public? (Though these have no difference for the actual transaction.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:51:46 PM by sami »

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »
Hi Sami.

Thank you for looking into this further. I just want to get this sorted please?
We are both genuinely trying to raise an issue that may help the game development constructively sort out a bug, and it is unfair we are being treated in the way we are.
Please see the post on here from the other player

I posted a press release a day before In real time, and logged back in the next RT day.
A message was in my box to say it had been sold (as described previously), for $19,999,000.
My balance was still around 7M, so no money had been credited. It was listed for sale only.
My Company value had dropped $20M, and has not recovered since. there is no other factor in the game that can wipe 20Mil off my balance in one day and i have made no new plane orders or leases etc in this period.

The plane was no longer in my aircraft listings.  Please see the $20M drop on 17th Feb 1978 of my Company value. And his.
I see it is on the Finance statements,  the cash has not arrived.

So I asked the other player to confirm to us what he has seen. I asked him to post it on here which he has done above, 2 postings.
This is where the information comes from.

As indicated now in the other players experience. "I thought i got the plane for free".
The information is directly from him

So look Sami....

You can see the balances of both our accounts on 17th Feb 1978
The Company value of mine dropping, yet no cash coming in. At least it is not showing on my money balance. I should have held the same value if the cash came in.
This is all very easy to see with your access.

My game is now suffering as i need to order new planes pay back debt etc, losing Interest and having to pay for loans i would have cleared.

Please can you manually adjust this?
I am missing a large amount, distorting my game completely, for a small Airline with limited growth capacity in Oceania.
Neither of us are at fault, we have done everything correctly, it was one single transaction only. We either sell/ buy or not, it is not possible we can make an error, it is automated, but failed in this one incident

If you check these points, you will see that something is wrong, and a bug in our case, is proven so lets fix it and at least have our Airlines put right?
It is ruining my game which is unfair.
And at least award the player the plane and debit him, and credit me please?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 12:18:34 AM »
I think you have made the mistake, sorry.

Post a screenie of your CV graph, showing this $20 million drop. Go to your income statement, click the graph at the very bottom, for week to week bottom line, and post a screenie of it. Without that, we're all going to believe Sami saying everything is fine over you saying you mysteriously lost $20 mill.

Post a screenie of your current yearly income statement, and current cash balance.

Sami said he has a backup from Aug 23.

It's then very easy to take your existing income statement from Aug 23, or any other backup prior to Feb 17, and the one from now (March sometime), both end of 77 and all of 78, and check that a: you have 20 million in aircraft sales and b: that the accumulated profit/loss for those 7 months actually does match, to the exact dollar (plus any new loans between the two checks), the change in your cash balance.

If a backup prior to your plane being sold shows an income statement/cash balance that exactly matches your current income statement/cash balance, will you admit that you've made the mistake? That rather than an automated system putting everything on the income statement without actually giving you the cash, despite never doing that to anyone else, ever, that what's actually happened is that you've lost track of what your financial situation was?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 08:58:14 AM »
Repeatedly you were asked to underline your complaints with a screenie where everyone can make calculations on his own, otherwise you should keep the conversation with Sami per private e-mail.This case really gets  annoying somehow because you are repeating yourself endlessly with every post without adding new aguments.You keep mixing up cash ,business value and other numbers ,your witness screenies show nothing of interest and  the general tone of voice of your complaints somehow are echoed in unfriendly comments. You are acting as if Sami or some mystery organization stole money out of your pocket on purpose and the whole game community is picking just on you. As in real life, it´s useless crying on the marketplace "I want my money back !" Police, justice system, insurances and banks would like to see proof before taking action. Just stay cool and argue with clear statements underlined with written proof, in our case screenies of your income sheet over questioned timespan.In the end this is a game, not your private company on the edge of bankruptcy.No reason to get this upset.Whole post is a suspected bug that belongs into bug report forum, anyway.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:01:09 AM by exchlbg »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.