Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why some production lines are closing very soon?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Beni

• Members
Why some production lines are closing very soon?
« on: August 24, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »
Hi,

I'm running CZ Airlink from Prague. I'm trying to survive using soviet-Eastern bloc planes despite of the game engine is very very cruel with this kind of birds in terms of fuel and maintenance costs. Anyway, I'm doing quite well in this first stage of the game. :-)

I'm using Tu-134 and I'm surprised about the production line of Tu-134B is closing less than a year after it start production and less than a month that I bought the last one.

Is this another game engine trap to make impossible playing with soviet planes?

Beni

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Why some production lines are closing very soon?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
not a trap...

there isn't enough order, to keep it open you will need to continue order it.

a small tip if you are the only person trying to use that plane, when they announce they are closing the line they will have some time before officially closing the production line.. wait til last minute and order. I think you need to order 5 plane to keep a line open (need comfirmation).

goodluck.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 10:39:57 AM »
May depend on plane size. Seems to be 10 orders needed for a small plane. They don't have to be all at once/from the same airline though.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
You should ask your alliance buddies or others if they can order for you if you don't have the money to spare at the time.

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Well... I know the mechanics of the game (I'm here from dec 2010), but it doesnt work similar way with all the plane models. I see planes with NO orders lasting many time in the market and other models, like the Tu-134B, with less than a year in the market and 6 planes leased that is going to close the line. I really would like to know why not all the production lines has the same criteria to be closed.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:24:01 PM »
I believe that aircraft models that haven't been ordered yet are not affected until someone places the first order... just a theory.

rvh1011

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 02:32:33 AM »
Also the Dash 7 was closed very quick.

Isn't there an option that some of the brokers take 10 or 15 pieces for the used aircraft market?

I would like to try out some new planes as well, but it will be very hard in this way.

Rudy.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:30:21 AM »
I believe that aircraft models that haven't been ordered yet are not affected until someone places the first order... just a theory.

I think they might get a longer time, but will still generate warnings and be closed.

At the start of a gameworld, planes that have been around for some time and are still inproduction tend to get their warnings earlier (i.e. 12 months or so into game), because the production line looks like it's been open for some time. That can be annoying because you may not have the resources to order enough new planes yet.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »

Tu-144 still got shutdown a few years into DOTM with no orders ever.
Concorde is only still in production because 1 airline ordered it.

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 08:55:07 AM »
New unfairness. Tu-154B1. One month before (16/7) the last one will be sent to me (15/8), I can read the close of the production line. Are you telling me that the soviet planes are not punished by the game engine? I really think that tha admin should eliminate soviet planes if they are going to be punished in maintenance, fuel comsumption and early closing of production lines.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
The production line dynamics are exactly the same for each and every model.

(there is exatly ONE (1!) outstanding order in the Tu154 production line currently and you blame me for coding it somehow special...? Please.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:00:30 AM by sami »

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:37 PM »
Only one outstanding order in a model aged less than a year. There are models with no orders lasting years in production.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »
Which ones? I can't see any with a quick search, all the unpopular stuff you can order have mostly been announced but not actually released yet.

If you want to fly an unpopular fleet group, you may have to keep the production line open yourself. I know I have to for my airline. The Metro production line has threatened to close down 3 times now, I think, each time after less than a year without an order.  If you want the 154B1 to stay available, you've got 5 months to put in a big enough order for them.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
Hi Sanabas,

You say "big enough order". But is it true that with an order of 5 planes the line stays open for another 12 months?
Maybe Sami is the only one that can tell...

LA

brique

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
One of the reasons some aircraft are not popular is the difficulty of keeping enough orders flowing to keep the lines open : given it can take a number of game-years before most non-mega airlines can consider ordering in large quantities, the problem is made worse. Even the EMB120, surely the most popular small aircraft in the game, suffers from annual closure warnings after a few years and anyone hoping to build a decent sized fleet has to be quick on their feet to keep ahead of them.

Its a shame, because it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy : airlines dont buy these less-popular aircraft because of the uncertainty, and that merely ensures they close early and thus stay unpopular.

As far as I can see, the AI brokers dont seem to be programmed to order new aircraft at all : they start with a stockpile of existing aircraft, then just seem to re-cycle returned aircraft from BK's, end-of-leases and occasionally buy from airlines off-loading unwanted hulls into the UM.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »
As far as I can see, the AI brokers dont seem to be programmed to order new aircraft at all : they start with a stockpile of existing aircraft, then just seem to re-cycle returned aircraft from BK's, end-of-leases and occasionally buy from airlines off-loading unwanted hulls into the UM.

Actually, they do. At week 1 when game start, if you check production line of some hot A/C, you'll see a few AI brokers order A/C listed on the Largest order section

brique

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 03:09:04 PM »
Actually, they do. At week 1 when game start, if you check production line of some hot A/C, you'll see a few AI brokers order A/C listed on the Largest order section

Ah, thanks, never noticed that : but they dont seem to be active in the new aircraft market apart from that, do they?

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »
I thought the production line closure also had some relation with the real world data, but after I'm not sure about it after Sami's comment:

The production line dynamics are exactly the same for each and every model.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.