Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Profit?  (Read 582 times)

Offline DC

• Members
Profit?
« on: August 24, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »
I am currently flying only CRJ in the airline. Are they really hard to generate profits? :-\

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Profit?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:17:08 AM »
Yes. They use a lot of fuel. And it'll be even harder if you have it on busy routes, or not in the air for very long each day.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:22:51 AM »
I did it successfully in the last North American Challenge.  You just need to use them on short routes: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,43993.msg240330.html#msg240330

Not only did I do it successfully, but I had a serious competitor who was flying 50+ Dash-8's (only had 1 fleet type) against me on nearly every route from the beginning of the game and somehow I outlasted him--he went BK a few years in.

Offline jimsom

• Members
    • jimmyringsell.se
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:25:55 PM »
I'm currently flying ERJ145's only and making good profits, ~$500k/week per plane.
After the airport fee tweaks, margins have increased, shouldn't be that hard to run a regional airline.

Ensure you only fly shorter routes and that your planes are flying as much as possible. If you have high load factors you can increase prices until you see load factors dropping. I'm currently flying with as much as 30-40% price increase on some routes.
/ jimsom

Offline KEMKid

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
I am currently flying only CRJ in the airline. Are they really hard to generate profits? :-\

Ask Independence Air.  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.