Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is 7-day scheduling at the beginning feasible in other game worlds?  (Read 657 times)

Offline Alberto

• Members
I started in Beginner's World to make a test with 7-day scheduling from the very beginning, meaning that I immediately purchased two WB and started scheduling them on a 7d schedule. This means that, until I had enough cash to purchase further aircraft, all my destinations were served 2xw. Cash arrived quickly, I bought more a/c and completed the schedule by having 7 airplanes on it; same went for the next 7 ones and so forth.
I'm wondering if this only worked because we're in Beginner's World, where the conditions are quite favourable in terms of fuel price and airports aren't crowded. In a "full" game world, would starting with a 7d scheduling from day 0 kill an airline because of too many office costs, too few flights per week to build RI, etc.?
I'm looking for answers from experienced (or less experienced) players who have tried it. Thanks.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Is 7-day scheduling at the beginning feasible in other game worlds?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »
it's ymmv depends on your location.

the LH start is quite good if you are using WB in any other world. but the only thing about it is if you are in a super slot constraint airport you might fall behind in LF if your location have some sweet SH. Not so much if you start in USA as they usually have a good amount of slot at start.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »
7 day scheduling is something that should only be applied once your expansion has reached a certain level of speed. It does not have that in the beginning and thus, 7 day scheduling is not very feasible.

Offline sergio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 08:48:07 AM »
7 day scheduling extreme (737-400, 6 planes per group, the sevenths planes will be added soon):

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »
7 day scheduling is something that should only be applied once your expansion has reached a certain level of speed. It does not have that in the beginning and thus, 7 day scheduling is not very feasible.

Agree. Saw a case started with 7 day schedule right on day 1 with 2 WB, and didn't even have a chance for the 3rd plane. The airport was CDG. My guess is wrong route choice (thin and/or heavy competed routes, result in very low LF in all routes.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 07:04:41 AM »
It's not just that, you also become very vulnerable for slots and RI can't climb quickly enough if the route is only flown twice a week.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
Wed, Sat and Sun are the lowest Pax loads yet you service sequentially through the week days only?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.