Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Second base  (Read 510 times)

Offline Colsie123

• Members
Second base
« on: August 17, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »
Just to ask when looking at a second base does leased aircraft get counted into the 1 aircraft requirement.

Cheers,

Colin

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Second base
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
Just to ask when looking at a second base does leased aircraft get counted into the 1 aircraft requirement.

Cheers,

Colin

Can you articulate that thought a little further?

Offline Colsie123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »
Apologies. I have read conflicting infomartion on the forum. If I am looking at opening a second base does the 5 aircraft requirement apply to all my aircraft leased and bought or does it only count purchased aircraft in this 15 aircraft count.

Regards,
Colin

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »
yes lease counts as 1 aircraft.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »
Apologies. I have read conflicting infomartion on the forum. If I am looking at opening a second base does the 5 aircraft requirement apply to all my aircraft leased and bought or does it only count purchased aircraft in this 15 aircraft count.

Regards,
Colin

All aircraft count--leased or owned--however, it is highly advisable to fill all demand at your HQ before opening a second base because the overhead costs are substantial.  Looking at your airline it looks like there quite a few routes you haven't covered yet.

Offline Colsie123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
Thanks for the answers guys.

LemonButt with regards to my current routes I am covering the routes I can, while maintaining the fleet to two aircraft types. I feel expanding into a third aircraft type would impact my bottom line negatively at this moment in time.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
Thanks for the answers guys.

LemonButt with regards to my current routes I am covering the routes I can, while maintaining the fleet to two aircraft types. I feel expanding into a third aircraft type would impact my bottom line negatively at this moment in time.

You have plenty of unserved demand on almost every one of your B99 routes with zero competition.  I'd dump the B99 as they are EXTREMELY difficult to operate profitably.  If I were in your position, I'd put orders in for the NAMC YS-11A and start phasing out both the B99 and then your Hawker Siddleys.  The YS-11A has a longer range (900nm), has 10 more seats, and is basically the same price compared to your Hawkers.  Then you'll be down to 1 fleet type, have a longer range, and be prepared for the demand growth in the coming years (with brand new aircraft).  It is better to fly a 50-seater half empty than to fly a B99 that is full, especially when you have zero competition on most of your routes--you're leaving a lot on the table right now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.