Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 406 times)

JahzAir

• Former member
Questions
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:15:48 AM »
Hello!

im a new player here just i think 2-3 days playing this game as im searching an airline sim game and found it.

now here are some questions i need to know for me to enjoy this game as im considering to play this game for a very long time.

1. about turn around times, example im using CONVAIR. minimum turn around time is 25 mins. NOW, im seeing too many turn around times delay for the aircraft, what should i do?

whats the best turn around time for this, instead of 25 mins, what should i put?  then earliest is 13:10 for example on the next wave, should i put 13:10 or whats the best time to depart?

3. Technical Problem, how to lower the technical problem? what are the factors?

i hope this three questions will be answered..

thank you so much!

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:55:02 AM »
1. In general, I aim for about a 10% chance of delay in my turns. That needs to be considered both during the flight, and the flight that is scheduled after it. For example, if the 25 minute convair shows a ~10% chance of delay for a 40 minute turn, then select that on the route planning page, and then make sure to give 40 minutes of time between that flight and the next one (as the system only enforces the minimum turn time.

2. I don't see a question #2.

3. Technical problem with the aircraft happens at random to all aircraft. It has a higher likelihood of occurance in aircraft with a condition below about 80%. If your planes have 70% or less condition, then you'll have a lot of technical problem with the aircraft delays/cancellations.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:02:19 AM »
Hello and welcome to this wonderful game.
First, you jumped in to play the most difficult world of all, maybe a try-over in Beginnerīs World would be the better choice. This game needs some skill and a lot of knowledge (stated and acquired) to be learned before you really manage it.
Please make yourself acquainted with the manual, the first steps and the tips and FAQīs for Beginners you will find in the Forums (General and Beginners World).
We are willing to help if you donīt understand something thatīs written there.
Turn-arounds can be set obeying an indicator at what chance of delay you are operating.Many turn their birds at 1% chance of delays, but that is not necessary all the time.Those values also are valid at home base turns, where you you donīt set a turn-around, but calculate next departure instead.
Chances of delay are also for reasons you canīt control, like weather and traffic ,those will delay your flights additionally hazardously and influenced by location season.
There are ways to enhance the technical state of your airplane, click "maintenance" on your aircraft page. Generally  you should not acquire any aircraft in bad condition, it will cause delays, cancellations and will keep Corporate Image of your company down, or you will have to repair it first costing time and a lot of money.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
1. about turn around times, example im using CONVAIR. minimum turn around time is 25 mins. NOW, im seeing too many turn around times delay for the aircraft, what should i do?

When you create the route, you'll see a box to set the turnaround time. Next to it will be the % chance of delays. 25 min will be 25%. 45 min will be 1% 40 min will be 2.8%. How much you want to gamble on more delays vs how much benefit you gt to flying more with short turns is up to you.

whats the best turn around time for this, instead of 25 mins, what should i put?  then earliest is 13:10 for example on the next wave, should i put 13:10 or whats the best time to depart?

Same as with turn times, but you need to add it yourself. The plane lands at 12:45, if you take off at 13:10 for the next route, you'll have 25% delay chance. If you wait until 13:30, you'll have 1% delay chance.

3. Technical Problem, how to lower the technical problem? what are the factors?

Mostly it's down to aircraft condition, a % you can see when leasing the plane, or by looking at the aircraft info once you have it. 85% or more is good, 70% will lead to increased technical delays, etc.

JahzAir

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 01:18:14 AM »
WOW!!!

thanks guys for the responses.. greatly appreciate it.. im thankful there are people who are willing to help here.. im new here but i feel so welcome.. thanks a lot guys!! :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.