Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Show/abandon unused slots  (Read 289 times)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Show/abandon unused slots
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
When switching schedules from one group to another, particularly when taking small routes away to add LH 7-day stuff, you end up with a lot of owned, unused slots at destination airports. If you don't make notes beforehand, there's no way to find them again except looking at every possible airport, or waiting a month for the warnings. If you don't want to use them, you end up with a lot of messages about 'airport slot warning'. The ability to show a list of owned but unused slots, the same one that appears in the slot warnings, would be nice.

The ability to abandon those slots immediately would also be nice. I think a workaround for that may actually be possible now, if you create a route to the airport, use the free destination slots, and check the box to not buy HQ slots. Then cancel the route and release the slots. Haven't tested it though.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Show/abandon unused slots
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
I think AWS just needs a separate section under routes called "Slot Management" where you can see the hourly slot table, but it will only show used and unused slots per airport as well as which planes/routes are using those slots.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »
When switching schedules from one group to another, particularly when taking small routes away to add LH 7-day stuff, you end up with a lot of owned, unused slots at destination airports.

I suppose the system is not very well designed to facilitate slot collection using temporary "small routes" that can be easily disposed of to make "LH 7-day stuff" to the real destination later.  ;)

But yes, it would be helpful to be able to permanently abandon slots on one side of the route even if you still need the slot on the other side (which can happen if you are keeping the same route but changing to a faster aircraft for example), and not get a whole bunch of slot warnings for the expiration of the non-reused half of the slots.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 05:56:23 AM »
If every new Tupolev came with a free set of slots (that'd encourage people to fly Russian stuff!), the small routes wouldn't have to be temporary.  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.