Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots in Heathrow  (Read 854 times)

Offline sergio

• Members
Slots in Heathrow
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »
Hello everybody!

i wanted to be based in heathrow, however all slots are red, zero slots available. it is the beginning of the game, not even the middle. the "used airplnes" page says the same! how is that? only nine routes go to EGLL.
i had to go bancrupt and go to different airport.

wbrgds

Offline motthew

• Members
Re: Slots in Heathrow
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »
It looks like there is only 1 slot per hour at Heathrow at the moment. I imagine additional slots will become available when the game advances beyond day 1.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »
That is a bug, I will see to it tomorrow by latest. Should be around 10 slots / hr in the start.

Offline sergio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
Thank you, Sami!

inlaidminatour

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »
There are still only 10 departures an hour??

Based on real world the average is 44 an hour on a clear day...

When will the slots be improved?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 10:52:21 PM »
There are still only 10 departures an hour??

Based on real world the average is 44 an hour on a clear day...

When will the slots be improved?

All games start at 50% slots and grow to 150% over time.  It is a measure to ensure slots are (potentially) available for all hour blocks later in the game.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 11:44:35 PM »
All games start at 50% slots and grow to 150% over time.  It is a measure to ensure slots are (potentially) available for all hour blocks later in the game.
Any idea of how this works in JA with the extended time frame?  For instance, is 150% reached at the traditional end time frame in JA, or will it be reached towards the end of the extended time frame?

inlaidminatour

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »

Thank you Lemon

Offline sergio

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
a bit illogical. then it is better to use 100%. start from 33,(3)%.
or start from 100%, grow to 300%.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »
Why is it illogical ?
It`s been said often before that slots start low and will grow over time to cope with the illogical situation that aviation service starts with a bang some day at 0:00 everywhere in the world with some hundreds of airlines.
Itīs also coded this way to slow growth overall. It would be quite illogical having some mega-airlines right during first year.Or having airports with 120 movements per hour without the technical equipment to handle this traffic in the 50s and 60s.
Evidently itīs still too easy for a lot of airlines to make money to acquire aircrafts and opening routes that airports run out of slots so fast.
Itīs that same discussion about Heathrow over and over again.This problem wonīt be solved until CBD will be introduced (you can use another London airport), connecting traffic will be coded (that way you decide where people change planes), and there would be a significant number of players being content with a perfectly managed smaller airline outside of LHR,ORD,ATL, LAX and NRT.
Also in real life LHR is producing headlines because itīs limited and everybody wants to fly there. BA and some big Americans still defending it against political plans to close it for a bigger new airport east of London, I guess, because of the exact same reason everybody wants to get in here, too.... being in means  monopolizing your routes due to lack of competition....just because of the lacks of slots.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:57:13 PM by exchlbg »

Offline sergio

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 02:36:51 PM »
I wish i was heathrow airport tycoon :))
also i will change strategy in the next game, i will fly planbes which can hadle 400%, then block seats to 20%, then over time release. after opening some base i will release slots (delete routes from old base) and immediately fly to heathrow form the new openede base.
i will report about this experiment after next game.

abt logical/illogical - what is taken as 100%? i mean math in my question. from 50%to 150% is the same as from 33% to 100%, or from 100% to 300%. it's like whe you have 345 x 10^15 = 3,45 x 10^17.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.