Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Add a couple of options for defaults in settings --> interface  (Read 356 times)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
I can split these into separate topics, but they're all about roughly the same thing, default settings that make extra work currently, that I'd like to be able to change.

With the new UI, it's become somewhat more painful to assign 7 day schedules. This is because when the list of available routes is long, it compresses them, and shows only route number and destination, it only expands to show day & time when clicking on a particular route. Some people would no doubt prefer that compressed list, and not needing to scroll at all. I'd much prefer the extended info to be shown for all routes, as it makes it much quicker to pick the appropriate route, as it's monday from the first set, tuesday the second, thursday the third set, etc. Would be very good to have the option to select between compressed/extended view as your own default.

Second thing is the default when going to routes-->route planning. The default is always Continent: continent of your HQ. I would like the ability to make my own airline's default Continent: Whole world, because that's what I use for 99% of my searches.

Third thing is more annoying to me, that when selecting a tech stop, it also defaults to the continent of my HQ, and tech-stops are frequently not on that continent. Being able to set my airline's default to 'whole world' would save a lot of needless clicking. (Actually, I'd really like the old method to make tech-stops back, of setting up HQ-tech-stop, then extending to destination. Much quicker to check timings for multiple routes that way. But I realise that won't happen)

Fourth thing is also with assigning tech-stops, I'd love a little check box saying 'use same tech-stop/s on return leg'. Again, it would save a lot of clicking/typing.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Add a couple of options for defaults in settings --> interface
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:13 PM »
Second thing is the default when going to routes-->route planning. The default is always Continent: continent of your HQ. I would like the ability to make my own airline's default Continent: Whole world, because that's what I use for 99% of my searches.

I think the solution to this is to have your last search saved in a cookie and put a reset button on there to reset the form.  So if you search for continent, country, etc. it will always load your previous search by default.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:53:18 PM »
This is a great suggestion.  In JA I am based in Athens, but a significant number of my routes are not European, though the default is Europe.  I end up resetting to Whole World for many searches, often after stepping forward with the default.

Third thing is more annoying to me, that when selecting a tech stop, it also defaults to the continent of my HQ, and tech-stops are frequently not on that continent. Being able to set my airline's default to 'whole world' would save a lot of needless clicking. (Actually, I'd really like the old method to make tech-stops back, of setting up HQ-tech-stop, then extending to destination. Much quicker to check timings for multiple routes that way. But I realise that won't happen)

Fourth thing is also with assigning tech-stops, I'd love a little check box saying 'use same tech-stop/s on return leg'. Again, it would save a lot of clicking/typing.
I would suggest doing away with the confirmation screen to begin with.  If I select two route points, and I can easily go back from the route edit screen to correct it if wrong, the confirmation screen in the middle does not add any value / information I don't get from the route edit screen.  To allow for tech stops, I'd then suggest allowing them to be selected on the route edit screen via a popup (both at a time in one screen, with default the same stop on return).  And, yes, allow one to set default search to Whole World.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:56:40 PM »
I think the solution to this is to have your last search saved in a cookie and put a reset button on there to reset the form.  So if you search for continent, country, etc. it will always load your previous search by default.
Not a bad idea, but as part of regular maintenance we run programs like CCleaner to clear cookies.  So it would be an improvement over today, but would still be subject needing update.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.