Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: technical stops  (Read 1199 times)

MichaelNishanian

• Former member
technical stops
« on: August 02, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
Greetings one and all,

I'm having some trouble planning a transcontinental route with technical stops. The simulation will not provide a technical stop (TS) at the most suitable airport for routing and runway length. Instead I'm offered choices which are less suitable thereby limiting MTOW thus the payload.

Does anyone have any experience or any explanations for this situation?

Offline schro

• Members
Re: technical stops
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
You can view airports on a map and that can help you find them along the great circle path. If you use gcmap.com in conjunction with the in-game airport map, you an usually hit one that meets requirements pretty quickly.  I'd be glad to assist if you could provide the following:

1. Desired Origin
2. Desired Destination
3. Plane type
4. max range
5. Runway requirement...

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:51:41 PM »
You're unable to use some of the largest airports for tech stops. But as Schro said, it's usually not too hard to find a suitable alternative.

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 12:13:48 AM »
If you use gcmap.com in conjunction with the in-game airport map, you an usually hit one that meets requirements pretty quickly.

I just use the Route Planning page here on AWS to show great circle routepaths (in case anyone isn't aware it's in there  :)).

MichaelNishanian

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 11:03:25 AM »
I am reluctant to share that information as my competitors would take advantage.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 11:25:56 AM »
I am reluctant to share that information as my competitors would take advantage.

Thank you all for your assistance.

So PM someone if you don't want to reveal the route that will be publically known once you schedule it...

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »

As soon as you open the route it's visible anyway. Since you're based in Singapore and got 4500 NM range planes, the obvious options are to Europe, and there's no shortage of decent tech stops for that, like UTNU, UATG, etc. Eastern US, for which UOOO is perfect for you, or western US, where your best option is probably UHPP.

I'm curious which suitable tech stops you found that weren't allowed.

Offline Hendrik

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31:28 AM »
Just out of curiosity, and I'm just speculating here - have you added the second tech-stop (for the return flight)?

Why I'm proposing this? Because it happened to me just yesterday when I was trying to schedule EDDF-(GVAC)-SAEZ and return. What I overlooked was editing the tech-stop for the return flight, too, leaving me with 2 legs of 3000 and one leg of just over 6000nm - impossible for the 707 I was planning to use...  :-[  ;D

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 02:45:46 PM »
I just use the Route Planning page here on AWS to show great circle routepaths (in case anyone isn't aware it's in there  :)).

It's not there anymore in the new UI, is it? At least not on the Open Route page anymore. I have no idea why that was removed as it was one of the most useful in-game features.  :-\

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »
It's still there, in the same place it was before. It's never been on the open route page if you go there directly, it's always been on the route planning page.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.