Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Just Liquidated- LHR slots available and ORD rebase option  (Read 522 times)

Offline Superbenj

• Members
Just Liquidated- LHR slots available and ORD rebase option
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:09:57 AM »
Thought I'd let everyone know, so some LHR giant doesn't grab them but I've just liquidated my (profitable) airline in ORD, which included a number of prime LHR slots if anyone is up and wants to grab them.

Was really enjoying it but I didn't have the time to replace and reschedule all of my prop aircraft as their leases expired, so have given up on the Jet Age for the mo and going to concentrate on the DOTM game instead.

If any one is looking for a new base in the US, ORD will have a loads of slots open now, so perhaps a prime time to move in before one of the established giants nicks them all! I had roughly 12% of the market and esp a lot of profitable long haul opportunities

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: Just Liquidated- LHR slots available and ORD rebase option
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »
HA - I only just saw this post, but between us we did indeed nick most of the ORD slots pretty quickly.  I also increased my LHR services from 2 per day to 6.

It's a shame you couldn't carry on - you seemed in decent shape.  I guess I'm lucky to have the time to do all the rescheduling - I am a total masochist and I enjoy it.  ;D

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:27:38 AM »
It was way too much for me on my first real, proper game starting from the get go. I was doing OK and owned a fair few aircraft outright but I think I would have eventually been squeezed out, unless I could have trimmed back a fair bit.

I would have liked to have perhaps downsized to about half the size, or just ran my Miami operation (but keeping the LHR slots!), where the going was nice and easy! It would be nice to be able to sell routes off to other players, where they can take on the full liability

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »
So have you restarted somewhere else?  As your first full game, ORD was always going to be a huge challenge.

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
Im at BOS in the DOTM game now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.