Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 770 times)

adrianC172

• Former member
Newbie question
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
So i have been reading instructions here and have made 3rd biggest airline in las vegas. When should i stop leasing planes and start buying them? I have 7 planes with 1 more ordered, should i try buying more viscounts instead of leasing them since they are cheap?

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:18:49 PM »
I think 7 plane is still a little bit too little before purchasing a plane. aim to be 20-30 plane before consider buying a plane unless your airport cannot support it. Although those viscount are great value right now they are quite aged. The maintience cost will skyrocket in a few year. Getting a less aged, newer generation plane such as 722adv may be one of your option.
(but so far so good in your short haul viscount)

adrianC172

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
Thank you. you are right, i hadnt thought about age. I will lease more viscounts for now before buying. what would be a good replacement you think? Would fokker 28 be good maybe?

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
For short haul turboprops go for Fokker F27 - they are timeless, there will be some flying even in 20+ game years as well as it would be quite easy to sell.
If longer routes, have a look a BAC One-Eleven 500, it's generally less popular than 737's as its smaller, but its a great value.
PS: and keep in mind fuel economy. Fuel is dirt cheap now, so you can operate and  make money pretty much on anything, but life will change dramatically when fuel costs will go to 200-300 level - and this could be already within the next 3-4 game years

flacodogg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 10:56:22 PM »
Another question about planes - I'm starting small and working my way up and was going to keep my fleet "american" thinking that makes a difference...but does it?  IMO it's more realistic from a sim standpoint and my own enjoyment, but do "passengers" in the U.S. actually care if they are flying a Yak vs. a Boeing?

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »
Another question about planes - I'm starting small and working my way up and was going to keep my fleet "american" thinking that makes a difference...but does it?  IMO it's more realistic from a sim standpoint and my own enjoyment, but do "passengers" in the U.S. actually care if they are flying a Yak vs. a Boeing?

nope.. only modifier on plane is speed, seating type(although very little) and size of route(you get a penalty if you run a 100 seater on 3000+ pax demand route internationally).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 03:56:19 AM »
but do "passengers" in the U.S. actually care if they are flying a Yak vs. a Boeing?

Not Russian vs. US really, but each plane type has a value that relates to passenger appeal (newer is better etc). However this effect isn't really that noticable.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.