Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: My CI is Tanking!  (Read 613 times)

Offline rettir

• Members
My CI is Tanking!
« on: July 31, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
From a high of 75 on 11-7-1959, my CI has been decreasing. It is now at 52.

My marketing is at 15.9% of income. My load factor 90+%.

My departure punctuality has slipped 10% to 83%  largely due to weather. Though the average weekly delay is only 4 minutes.

My fleet is new 3.5 year average-2 older planes--1)9yr 2)9.4yr

What am I doing wrong?

rettir-AAA Airways

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: My CI is Tanking!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 02:23:46 PM »
CI can decrease if you have an excessive number of cancellations and delays.  Sounds like that's what happened.  Also check to make sure your marketing didn't expire...

Offline Monica

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
How is the condition of your planes? It can affect delays a lot.

Offline rettir

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
Thanks for quick responses.

Monica my aircraft condition is 92% & better. So that is not the reason.

Now to dmoose92. I did change my marketing. I had 2 permanent campaigns (newspapers & billboards)(continent of my base country) costing approx $70,000. I cancelled them & started 1 permanent campaign (television)(worldwide) costing $141,000.

I wonder if reducing from 2 campaigns to 1 campaign, even though I am spending double, could be the reason?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
This might be it. I wouldn´t drop the number of campaigns even if new one is more expensive than two before.Seems that number of campaigns plays a role besides the sum of cash you spend.

Offline rettir

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »
his might be it. I wouldn´t drop the number of campaigns even if new one is more expensive than two before.Seems that number of campaigns plays a role besides the sum of cash you spend.

Well so far it has not affected my income. I gonna wait until it does then add another small permanent worldwide campaign to see what effect it has.

Another thought. Perhaps there is a CI penalty along with the imposed financial penalty for cancelling a marketing campaign?

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 05:05:07 PM »
It is known that 2x $50 campaigns are better than 1x $100 campaign. There is an unpublished multi-campaign benefit that has been documented by player experimentation, although the game manual claims that only the total amount spent matters.

Offline rettir

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 03:49:48 AM »
i added 2nd marketing campaign. It is the cheapest(newspapers)permanent one available. CI climbing again.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.