Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Early compressing of production lists  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Early compressing of production lists
« on: July 31, 2013, 05:56:28 AM »
Suspect the answer might be 'not a bug', but thought I'd report it anyway. Seems like production slots are being moved up very early, rather than giving the lines a chance to fill. Or there is some other strangeness going on. http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Production/View/90/ is the line for NAMCs in JA. Only 2 airlines have ordered, both made a single order of 40 planes. Both did it within 4 months of the plane being announced, more than 4 years before the first delivery. I'd expect that the 2nd airline to make an order would get all their planes one slot after the first airline, so when the first airline receives plane #40, the second airline has received 39 planes. But instead, when the first airline receives plane #40, the second airline only has 27.

First airline gets a steady stream, every 4th or 5th slot until production picks up, and then every 8th or 9th slot until the order is complete.

Second airline gets a much more disjointed stream, the gaps start 4-4-8-5-10-5-10-4-10. Starting from 22nd Aug 64, when production is at full speed, the gaps go 9-18-9-17-9-18-9-17-9-18-9-17-9-18. But once the first player's order is complete, the second order switches to every 9th slot.

Even though there is a lot of empty space to move orders back one slot, instead of the second player getting every 9th slot, with an order pushed back one slot if full, they're instead getting every 9th slot, with an order losing its slot entirely every third time.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: Early compressing of production lists
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:00:47 AM »
It's the launch discount bonus that airline #1 got :)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 06:29:10 AM »
Launch discount saves you money, it doesn't give you more planes.

And also doesn't explain why airline #2 (aka me) gets their planes on a constant single gap-double gap-single gap-double gap schedule, rather than a consistent length.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 12:47:09 PM »
I would suppose this is just normal, and if there are gaps closer to the delivery they are then bumped forward again.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »
It's just that either the bumping was weird, or the initial order was weird in its selection of slots. Since two airlines have made identical orders, I'd expect them to get their planes back to back the whole way through. But for some reason, the second order appears to be on the same regular schedule as the first, but with every third plane missing. So when the first order is finished, the second is only 2/3 done. The pattern holds all the way through, there's a single gap the same length as the initial order's gap, and then there's a gap of double length, that should have another delivery in the middle. It's like the system has tried to bump them forward, and when the slot it wants to bump to is full, instead of bumping to the next available slot, it just doesn't bump at all.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »
Same thing has happened with the VC10 production line in JA, and that hasn't been compressed/hasn't had orders bumped. I put in the launch order, another airline put in an order of 5 planes. The gap between my order is a steady 4 planes for the entire order, theirs goes 4-8-4-8.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
I would suppose this is just normal, and if there are gaps closer to the delivery they are then bumped forward again.
Not very sure what did you mean. Did you mean the delivery rate will change as the delivery time approach?

I have the same issue with my MD-80 order in DOTM. 1 airline made large quantity order of MD-80, and you can see all the red occupied slots are his. As seen in 1986, he will have 2 for every unit I get. So his 21 units vs 12 me if counted from Jan to Aug :-\

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.