Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Step more than 1 nm  (Read 515 times)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
[ok] Step more than 1 nm
« on: July 28, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »
On the open new route page, the range filter needs to be adjusted.  The first issue is that the boxes aren't wide enough--I can only see two digits on my 1920x1080 resolution 21" monitor.  The second issue is that the "step" attribute needs to be set to something like 100.  No one is using the up/down spinner arrows to go from 500nm to 600nm because it takes 100 clicks instead of 1 (yes, I realize you can just hold it down).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:11:16 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Step more than 1 nm
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »
The range filter is a free text number field and there is no need to scroll anything there, just type inthe number...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 09:12:13 PM »
The range filter is a free text number field and there is no need to scroll anything there, just type inthe number...

I realize this, but what is the point of using input type=number if the spinners are useless?  Actually I think I may know what the problem is--I'm using Chrome and you're probably using a different browser.  Firefox and IE don't support type=number the same way as Chrome, Safari, and Opera: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_form_input_types.asp

Attached is what I see in Chrome with "500" and "600" put into the fields.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
I use firefox, and don't see those arrows. Also means the arrows don't obscure the last digit of what I've just typed in.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 10:54:40 PM »
I use firefox, and don't see those arrows. Also means the arrows don't obscure the last digit of what I've just typed in.

Thanks because Firefox doesn't support it yet.  It is part of the HTML5 standard being implemented, so once Firefox upgrades through a few more versions you'll be seeing the spinners, too :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »
adjusted

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.