Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Need Help New Player  (Read 1050 times)

adrianC172

• Former member
Need Help New Player
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »
I can't make much money. I flew planes in Russia but could only make 8,000 in a week and couldn't afford C-checks. I am now in Paris and one airport had 3 airlines, the other I am at only had one but basically no demand. What do I do?

adrianC172

• Former member
Re: Need Help New Player
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »
can I make more passengers come to my airport by cutting prices?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »
Welcome to Airway Sim. You just registered and got right into the most difficult world this site has to offer.Maybe you should try your first steps in Beginnerīs World, where sorrounding parameters are much easier to handle.
Please read through all available written help in the manual and experienced tips and FAQīs in general and BW forums.
To answer your question: yes,price is one of many means to lure more PAX into your birds. But itīs just ONE. Being a young enterprise, you have to expect lower usage of your service, because people donīt know about your airline nor itīs schedules. You will have to run marketing campaigns to get a better image and be patient, it will take game months before you see good revenues.One thing you must have with this game is PATIENCE. How could you tell anything about potential success or failure after just one real-time day? Way too short.
But I really donīt want to repeat everything you can learn by reading the mentioned hints and FAQīs.
Feel free to ask if you didnīt understand anything thatīs written there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:57:43 PM by exchlbg »

adrianC172

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
Thank you. I'll join there then. What is a good number to discount by you think?

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:00:49 PM »
10-15% to start

adrianC172

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:47 PM »
10-15% to start

Thank you, i will do that. Should i leave modern times and jet age then?

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 05:30:55 PM »
I have been playing AWS for a while (started in 2011) and i find it extremely difficult to effectively manage airlines in two games at the same time.  Right now I am in two (MT and JA) - but only because all the slots are gone in my HQ in MT so it's pretty easy to manage.  Usually, I stick to the one game at a time (for example, I will not be joining the DOTM that will be starting soon).

Honestly, my suggestion would be play BW for a few days to get the hang of the game, and quit MT and JA (haven't looked at MT yet, but I know you are up against a pretty experienced player in JA - and will struggle to make money).  And then I would start DOTM and a less busy area of the world (S. America, Africa, eastern europe, central asia, etc)...usually it's easier to start from the beginning of a game than the middle of a game...alternatively, i would keep either MT or JA and leave the other.

dmoose42

* full disclosure - I am in the Elite Worldwide Alliance in both MT and JA.  The other player in your airport is part of the Elite network of alliances so please consider that when making any decisions about starting or leaving game worlds.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »
One additional thought that I forgot to mention.  You're competition in JA was the winner (highest Company Value) in the last JA.  Good luck!

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »
Own decision.You already payed your entrance fees, so you might stay there. But playing three worlds side to side will need a lot of time online to do planning,scheduling,checking fares and so on, especially if all your airlines start growing.
I would concentrate on one world at the beginning, and come back to other worlds later, when you got accustomed to routines and techniques.

adrianC172

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
okay thanks, i will see first week of profits or loss in beginers world and make a choice. If i am doomed in jet age then i will probably leave there, i am still making some money in modern times of about 10000

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.