Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot question  (Read 312 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
Slot question
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:49:41 PM »
Since the games are getting more and more 'realistic' (which I think is good)... ie  -Advance notice that the noise certification levels will soon become an actual feature.-  Let me ask someone a slot question.. KSAN and KLGB are both US commercial airports with only 1 runway.. KSAN has a capacity of 38 departures per hour... KLGB has a capacity on only 6 departures per hour? Why?  What's the difference?  And while we're on the subject can you explain to me again why we even have slots at non slot controlled airports in the US??   Thanks... chuck

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: Slot question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:10:26 PM »
Slots are for capacity control. Even ATL with 5 runways has limitations. At 1 operation every 1 minute 30 seconds, ATL has a perfect weather capacity of 200 operations and hour, or 100 takeoffs and landings. Hence, ATL will peak at just over 100 slots per hour. With no slots, flights would far exceed the realistic capacity at an airport like ATL.

For the SAN/LGB question, LGB is slot restricted in real life where SAN is not. Therefore the 38 departures per hour at SAN represent full capacity while the 6 per hour at LGB more closely represent the capacity at a slot restricted airport. Also keep in mind terminal facilities at these airports. Just because a single runway can handle 30 departures an hour does not mean the airport has the terminal space to park 30 planes at once (an issue that will be addressed with the recently announced airport upgrade feature.)

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Slot question
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:11:20 AM »
I guess I heard LGB and SNA have restrictions on departures/landings because of noise pollution over an densely populated area, another possible explanation.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.