Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Smoothly hourly penalty and/or time flight delay  (Read 462 times)

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
[-] Smoothly hourly penalty and/or time flight delay
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »
I'm thinking in a more smooth hourly penalty...

Right now, if you land 0500 your flight is ok, but if you land 0455 you get a huge penalty... seems unfair to get a huge penalty for 5' early arrival...

That leaves me to the second feature request:

Possibility to delay your flight time... you can always tell your pilots to flight 5 minutes more, in order to arrive in a more "situable" hour... of course no airline does that (because fuel costs, and because pax (almost) always like to arrive earlier), but at least they can advertise a different arrival time, or put a different time in their schedules (more marketing appealing)...

So, if I have a flight that arrives 4:55 I can always marketing it as a 0500 arrival in order to avoid the 4:55 penalty... is the same as 99.99 prices... the actual price is 100; the cents are just marketing...

It happened many times to me... the flight marketed as a 0500/0530 arrival, but actually arriving at 0400/0415 with nobody at the airport to handle the bags... (of course I never complaint, because that always mean 1 hour less seating in those tiny almost HD seats)...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:14:50 PM by sami »

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
Re: Smoothly hourly penalty and/or time flight delay
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 03:33:25 AM »
I guess the smoothness concept is reasonable. I would put more penalty onto 0500-0530 rather than less penalty onto 0430-0455 though.

I hate arriving at 0500 or even 0530. I usually can't check into the hotel yet, and there is nothing to do.
And I don't like it when redeyes arrive earlier than scheduled (like at 0445 rather than 0530) because it means I get less sleep!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Smoothly hourly penalty and/or time flight delay
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:14:47 PM »
This is already modelled.

Let's say a landing at 0400 gives you -500 "points" in the virtual calculation and landing at 0500 gives you +/-0 points by settings. If you land at 0430 when you will get -250 ..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.