Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Production Slots (why are you not given earlier free ones?  (Read 694 times)

Offline Superbenj

• Members
Production Slots (why are you not given earlier free ones?
« on: July 16, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
How come even though there are earlier, free production slots, you do not take these as opposed to be given later ones?

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: Production Slots (why are you not given earlier free ones?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
if you already have orders for an aircraft, then any additional orders you make are added onto the end.  It can be frustrating as earlier slots may open later if the production line expands.

Thus, a key decision must be made as to whether to wait and hope the line expands and get an earlier production date, knowing that expansion may not happen or locking in your date today, knowing that if you had waited you may have had the opportunity to get an earlier date.

It's for these decisions that they pay you the big bucks to be the CEO of your airline (unless you set your salary to 0...)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
If you don't have any orders for that plane, then you are given the first slot available after the set amount of time it takes to build the plane. If you call Boeing and order a 707, they can't build you one in two days even if there is an open delivery slot available in two days. And bigger planes take longer to build so there's a longer lead time between order and first possible delivery, which is why some small props get delivered in only 3-4 weeks while the 747 takes a bit longer from order to first delivery.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:36:13 PM »
When are cancellations made available?

In previous game, I placed orders but when looking at the schedule there were several dates where the production slots were marked as cancelled, while my new orders were to be placed months later at the back of the line.  Seems that either they should land in these available slots, or the line advances. 

I presume one or the other happens, so just would like to know when the calculation is made (e.g. end of each month)?

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:32:12 PM »
I believe that the production line is reset to remove cancellations after a set period (6 months?) every Monday at noon.

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 05:13:34 PM »
If you don't have any orders for that plane, then you are given the first slot available after the set amount of time it takes to build the plane. If you call Boeing and order a 707, they can't build you one in two days even if there is an open delivery slot available in two days. And bigger planes take longer to build so there's a longer lead time between order and first possible delivery, which is why some small props get delivered in only 3-4 weeks while the 747 takes a bit longer from order to first delivery.
The planes I've ordered are due to be delivered in over a years time, there were a number of green slots open long before my first first yellow slot and there remains so, although many have now been filled, so they could obviously build the planes in time

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 07:15:40 PM »
The planes I've ordered are due to be delivered in over a years time, there were a number of green slots open long before my first first yellow slot and there remains so, although many have now been filled, so they could obviously build the planes in time

Do not look for a RL explanation because you won't find it...

It's just a game balancing feature, so no single airline can monopolize the production lists...

It may be annoying for you now (it was for me the first time I bought/lease a new plane), but it would be more annoying if an uber rich airline comes, and buys the entire following 5 years of production, leaving you with no planes at all...

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »
Fair enough, I get the one a month thing, that makes perfect sense, not getting delivery until months later when there are free slots, you could have used seems a bit stranger!

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »
there were a number of green slots open long before my first first yellow slot

Maybe the specific model you ordered wasn't available at those early dates.  Which type are talking about?

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »
Fair enough, I get the one a month thing, that makes perfect sense, not getting delivery until months later when there are free slots, you could have used seems a bit stranger!
Maybe the specific model you ordered wasn't available at those early dates.  Which type are talking about?

Exactly, if you mean something like this:

That's because the f200 delivery starts july 14th.. since both model share the same production line (same fleet), it gets full once the more popular f200 starts its deliveries...

now, if you order a f200 you'll go at the end of the list (1960), but AFTER that you order a f100, I suppouse you don't fill the green previous slots, but you are put at the end of your own order... if anyone could confirm this it would be nice ;)

If you don't have any previous orders in that line, and you order a f100, you get one of the free green slots... (if I place and order now, I get this delivery date "Delivery at 21-Mar-1959".)

If I order one of each models, then I get this scheme:
    Fokker F.27 Mk 100 Friendship
        Delivery at 21-Mar-1959.
    Fokker F.27 Mk 200 Friendship
        Delivery at 08-Mar-1960.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:52:44 PM by ezzeqiel »

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
You can easily avoid this problem by going after a less popular aircraft. I have never had to suffer through five year waits at Airbus and Boeing because I prefer to make strange choices. People are disappointed with me if I don't run at least one Soviet fleet type for example. You can also show up late to the party by waiting for the popular models to flood the used market after a large airline BKs or when people start discarding them at 5-7 years to avoid D Checks. You'll be a little behind on efficiency but you will get good years out of middle aged planes on the cheap.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.