Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Starting now  (Read 594 times)

Daffers

• Former member
Starting now
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:10:18 AM »
Anyone have an idea of how to start now, almost every airport is full.. I tried and have an airline for a week but it's going down..
I tried with small embrears120 on empty routes 20-30 pax. But for some reason this is not enough to make money..
Is it even possible to make money with small planes ? because this all that is possible in this crowded world. My final bankrupcy is coming soon, so any tips would be welcome!

Also i have an above 70% load factor, i should be able to run a profit ?
I have 2 Avro Rj 85 running at 90% loads, and 3 embrear 120's running at 60% load doing 100-200 nm flights.
that is all that is possible at this airport, but i was assuming this could at least make me brake even, but i am losing money really fast.

Now i have my last shot at starting a new airline soon, is there any chance of doing that in this world ?
and is it not possible to run with small aircraft ? only my RJ's are really making money.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:24:56 AM by Daffers »

Offline mramelet

• Members
Re: Starting now
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:35:13 AM »
Start a regional airline, and use no jet. ATR, Saab 2000 are a good choice.
The fuel cost is much lower than jets, and this is very important as fuel prices are very high
When you have grown enough, you can start thinking about jets (E170/190 for example).

Offline Daniel_Smith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »
That is the trick.... knowing when you have grown enough! I too am in the same boat and going bust at a great rate of knots. One thing that I have found is that the airline will tick along quite nicely then all of a sudden, the profits go and before you know I am setting up the airline again. what is the trick taking the leap from prop to jet? I have tried to go from ATR42/72 to an A318 and went down the shoot in a month! :o Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:52:24 PM »
Starting in MT in this stage is somewhat harder then most other games especially due to fuel pricing, and your competition is more then likely developed and can crush you with one finger.

You can either survive by starting a regional like mramelet said, preferable in a country where you can expand your base into bigger city after you are more developed. Hunt for empty airport or larger airport with only 1-2(max) hub airline (thanks to sami's new interface you can find it much easier now). Don't start in an airport where there is already a 300+ plane airline's main base being there... most likely you won't be able to pick anything out of it unless he didn't care or simply bad. Also, if 2 possible place comes up and they are similiar, pick the one without an alliance affiliation  ;). (JK)

If you pick an airport and quickly find out you can only fill 4-5 planes before running out of route you chose the wrong airport. You need much more then that. Also route with sub 30 pax is very unlikely you can make any money off it.

props are good start as they are more forgiving compare to jet counterpart, however with a much smaller growth. Also short/medium haul jet also works quite well in some case, just make sure you don't get those super expensive aircraft in UM, they might be a good plane but players may jack up to the price point you won't be able to make a cent. Do not use your money to 0 on your first day. You will need a very very long time to grow your CI RI on those routes before they are profitable assume there is competition.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:01:52 PM by Aoitsuki »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.