Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Seat Blocking-Option to Select Class of Seat to Block  (Read 311 times)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
[-] Seat Blocking-Option to Select Class of Seat to Block
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:47:36 PM »
Currently, we can set a max number of seats to sell on a flight to comply with oversupply rules or we can accept a range penalty on seats to extend the range of a plane. Would it be possible to have the choice of which class of seats to block in these cases? The default is to take the blocked seats from the Y inventory, which is normally preferred in a range extending circumstance, but not necessarily in an oversupply situation. Adding this would allow the user to more realistically control inventory and tailor each seat blocking situation to best suit the airlines needs.

Don
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:00:34 PM by sami »
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: Seat Blocking-Option to Select Class of Seat to Block
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »
I think related to this (and I know there is a feature request for this as well), but it's worth mentioning again.  Having the ability to easily find out how many PAX a plane can carry to a specific destination/specific distance would be helpful as sometimes it's difficult to know exactly from the pop-up window.

Offline begla

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »
I also like this idea, being able to block off specific cabins would be great. I think it would be very useful on routes being operated by aircraft with premium seats where there's little or no demand for premium cabins.

This would also help to create a more accurate load factor for the route (and the airline's statistics).

International Crew Operating: B737-800 + B757-200.

A 2 Mile Road can take you 2 Miles, but A 2 Mile Runway can take you anywhere.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
I'd rather keep this simple as possible, as it's still after all a rarely used feature..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.