Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airplane Turnaround Times  (Read 3831 times)

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
Re: Airplane Turnaround Times
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 03:55:30 AM »
You won't find "Fee-Per-Minute" in North America, we have "Ramp Fees" or "Parking Fees" that are daily in nature, if applicable, in addition to Landing Fees. In the U.S. and Canada, you have Airport Contract Signatories, and non-signatories. In addition, you can also have "Primary Signatories", with negotiated lower fees (ie., AA at MIA, or DL in SLC, etc.). For instance, DL and Skywest pay no ramp fees at SLC for parking, even on overnights, and they pay a greatly reduced fee for gates they paid to build. Even reduced landing and passenger pass-through fees can be lower for these.

Non-signatories (charters, low-volume operators) can pay twice as much, or more, than the published contract rate. (Airlines with hubs in a city pretty much hold the city/airport Authorities hostage in contract negotiations in the US)

My current airport has gone to "Shared Use" gates. We have our assigned gates per the contract, that we pay for regardless of use, as well as our floor space. In addition, we can use the SU gates at a cost of $200 per turn, or $400 for an overnight. We generally use them for specials, charters, add-ons, and maintenance waits.

PS-All of these costs are why charters are handled almost exclusively by the FBO's in the US now, no matter how large the airplane. There are exceptions, of course (union contract language)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Airplane Turnaround Times
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »
I really need a new system for this ASAP; I have to do extremely inefficient schedules like two daily HND-ITM rotations (200nm sectors) per 764 because I can't fit 3 into the curfew with the full turn around. Japanese airlines turn widebodies in an hour on domestic flights and I have to do two.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.