Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Optimizing Schedule for 5000nm + routes  (Read 599 times)

• Former member
Optimizing Schedule for 5000nm + routes
« on: July 13, 2013, 12:44:08 AM »
I've done US to Europe, or mainland to Hawaii (3000-4000nm range) without issue.

However, when I get into the longer flights (e.g. US to Korea, to Argentina), using similar technique, I am not liking my results.  They are optimized from a aircraft scheduling perspective (there is very little gap in time but for enough to fit maintenance), however, they only service 5 out of 7 days.  Seems like that extra day or two could really affect profitability for such an expensive aircraft.

There are eight such destinations that could support my aircraft.

So, the question is, am I really better off going through the work to match up a round-robin 7 day schedule (as I've read about elsewhere) or should I just find a fat domestic route (of which there are several still in BW) to match up?

I'm leaning to the latter because it is only a short term game world with BW, but there are longer term competitive issues with it, if I were in one of the other game worlds, correct?

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: Optimizing Schedule for 5000nm + routes
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
YES, learn and practice 7-day scheduling even if you don't really need to.  It is a vital tool.  Given time, it will become almost second nature choosing the right routes and ordering them efficiently.  

Pairing a 5000nm route with a quick domestic can be a good quick-and-dirty fix but I only usually do that while I'm waiting for more aircraft to arrive.  It allows the route image to build, slots to be reserved etc. I then switch to a 7-day rotation as the rest of the aircraft arrive.  If you plan VERY carefully you can even do this switchover with virtually no additional slot costs.

• Former member
Re: Optimizing Schedule for 5000nm + routes
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:34:57 AM »
Thanks...spending only have the attention I want in BW, but will follow up on this advice for the practice.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.