Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company Image issue  (Read 701 times)

Offline Jimbo2012

• Members
Company Image issue
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
In previous games a gentle marketing touch at the beginning has CI climbing nicely, at least from 5 past the 25 mark. In this game despite the same strategy, it climbed predictably to about 7, and has then started freefalling... and I have no idea why.

Average aircraft age is around 5 years. Punctuality was a bit off around 60% to start (I have no idea why with turnarounds at 1%) but seems to be climbing now (again, for no apparent reason since I haven't changed anything).

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Jimbo.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Company Image issue
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »
Low punctuality is the reason for the bad CI, best guess for low punctuality is that your first two planes had a repair % level below 80. You can always look at the delay graph and see exactly what was causing them. And with only two planes, a little bit of bad luck can drop your numbers a lot. Once you have more planes, you should see punctuality consistently better, and so CI should climb normally.

Offline Jimbo2012

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
Ok - many thanks for taking the time to respond.
I saw punctuality below 60% at one point, so perhaps that is it. Time will tell....

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »
Average aircraft age is around 5 years. Punctuality was a bit off around 60% to start (I have no idea why with turnarounds at 1%) but seems to be climbing now (again, for no apparent reason since I haven't changed anything).

Any thoughts anyone?

Exact same thing happened to me...

look at this

www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47928.msg267092.html

Now, whitout touching anything, punctuality is 77.1% (better), but too short turn arounds are 52.07% of my delays... completely out of scale since I have all my flights on 1% turnarounds...

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
My image took a hit too, for no apparent reason.  I didn't notice what my punctuality was doing at the time though.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 06:50:09 PM »
Mine has finally stopped the freefall and started to climb...

Punctuality is now at 84%, but too short turn arounds still explains 46% of my delays, which is not a number I'm comfortable with (especially with 1% turns)

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 07:31:57 PM »
You all have a small fleet and is winter time, apparently a bad one with many delays and cancellations. Not very difficult to be delayed more than 50% even with good turnaround schedules.
With those numbers you´re bound to be hit, especially because you have small marketing actions at the beginning.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 12:52:36 AM »
You all have a small fleet and is winter time, apparently a bad one with many delays and cancellations. Not very difficult to be delayed more than 50% even with good turnaround schedules.
With those numbers you´re bound to be hit, especially because you have small marketing actions at the beginning.

Yes, it was a terrible winter, and it hit hard, but winter aside, the main delay reason was always short turn arounds... even in the worse of the winter, short turn arounds was 36% of delays, while weather was 25%....

now that winter has passed, short turns explains 56% of my delays, which I think is too much for an entire 1%turn schedule...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 03:17:05 AM »
Not to mention Jet Age games take forever to climb company image.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.