Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why can't we have concurrent JA8 games?  (Read 593 times)

Offline MensaJay2

• Members
Why can't we have concurrent JA8 games?
« on: July 06, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »
You can leave the 220 player limit I understand thst, but why can't you judt start another JA game (JA 8 #2)? Seems like a easy solution that would make alot of people (including me) happy

Firebird

• Former member
Re: Why can't we have concurrent JA8 games?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:06:04 PM »
Good question. This is a recurring problem with this game. People have payed MONEY$$$ to play. Fix this already. Options available now:

1) Beginners world (not worthy if you've been playing a while). Comprises 33% of available gaming
2) Modern times (14 years of 19 expired)
3) Jet Age full. (If your lucky you be able to join in the future and be many many months behind competitors)

Offline lazerr11

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:04:32 AM »
I already brought this up in the other thread.  Still looking for an answer on it.

Offline MensaJay2

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 04:09:57 AM »
I agree Lazor, I cannot even fathom why they won't do concurrent games, its not like it degrades anyone elses experience, also they would make MORE MONEY!

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 05:42:09 AM »
Maybe too many games will slow down the server too much - especially with 20 minute game days. With the new update too, Sami must be very busy keeping an eye on everything and making sure things work properly.  Just trying to be fair and see the other side.  As an IT person it makes sense, even if it is frustrating for some.  This probably isn't a time to have the server totally overloaded.

People have payed MONEY$$$ to play

Sorry, but if you're not in the game you have not paid anything.

Personally, I thought it would have been a good time for a short scenario - especially since there was such a gap between the last JA finishing and this one starting.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 06:24:35 AM »
There will be other JA games a long time prior to 11.5 months that some are stating.

Basically the way I read it the old concept of JA, DOTM & MT games is dead, replaced with games that start in JA, progress through DOTM and end in MT.
So therefore I assume that Sami would space these 3.5 to 4 months apart...if he is still going to run 3 non-beginner games at the same time.

Big Advantage of this approach is that players can start afresh every 3-4 months if they are not going the way they like in their current game..and the gameplay becomes more exciting growing a 1950's airline into a modern day airline.
Nearly all of us have been asking for this, so we just need to show some patience (easy for me to say as I was lucky enough to grab a spot - as I am currently in Asia so the start time suited me)

Big Disadvantage: changing to this type of gaming scenario means that some players will have to wait to get into the newer longer games (if you missed the start of JA8, which may have been better off being called Game #1.0..lol) AND ... many more times that I can now B/K in the same game :-)

OskarKosznicki

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:54:59 AM »
Sorry, but if you're not in the game you have not paid anything.

Oh really? So tell how I can change my credits back to EUR on my account, genius...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.