Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Really? JA8 limited to just 220 people?  (Read 2127 times)

BD

• Former member
Re: Really? JA8 limited to just 220 people?
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
Last game I set my alarm from 1.45am so I could catch the opening. I was there the second it ticked over.... and still managed to be the 59th person signed up! Talk about "demand" :)
I don't remember exactly, but I was around/within the first 30 mins, and I just checked to see...#65.

Also, noticed update that says 1 new player slot per game month, Sami's last post here...

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,26356.msg266951/topicseen.html#msg266951
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:52:07 PM by BD »

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »
So every 10 hours or so a new player is permitted to join Jet Age 8. Well, I bought my lottery ticket so I'll check in several times a day to see if I won. Games are fun to play, but new game implementation/availability is not well executed.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 05:44:05 AM »
So every 10 hours or so a new player is permitted to join Jet Age 8. Well, I bought my lottery ticket so I'll check in several times a day to see if I won. Games are fun to play, but new game implementation/availability is not well executed.

And you're in! Congrats  :)
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »
Maybe one way to free up spaces for new entrants would be limit the number of restarts allowed and then lock the player out for 24 hours until they can rejoin.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
Can we get it raised to 300? Maybe?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
Maybe one way to free up spaces for new entrants would be limit the number of restarts allowed and then lock the player out for 24 hours until they can rejoin.

Define restart....  if they bk and don't leave that isn't a full restart.   

Offline RougeCanuck

• Members
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2013, 08:24:42 PM »
Not to mention we paid for the right to get in the game just like everyone else. Why should our playability be limited to different terms than we signed up for?

BD

• Former member
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2013, 09:38:09 PM »
Not to mention we paid for the right to get in the game just like everyone else. Why should our playability be limited to different terms than we signed up for?
I think blocking people who bk'd or otherwise feel the need for a "do over" would cause greater hard feelings than not getting into the game in the first place, precisely because they already paid the "entrance fee".

That's kind of like taking someone in line outside a movie theater and giving him the seat from someone who got up to go to the washroom during the movie.  It would generate serious anger.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 11:32:13 PM »
So are people literally just sitting there refreshing over and over until they see an opening? Every time I log in I see the player number is higher but it's still always full. I'm not complaining, I was broke and busy dealing with real life so I missed the boat and that's my problem. I'm currently enjoying messing around in BW. I just think it might be better to open the game up a few spots at a time rather than the current rate of one lucky winner every day or so.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 12:15:02 AM »
Every time the in-game date reaches the 2nd of the month, a new slot opens. So not too hard to work out when the next slot will appear, to the nearest 10 minutes or so. Somwhere around Jun 55 it was late in the month and the slot was still there. Dec 55 went in under 3 minutes, Jan 55 went in under 30 seconds, Feb 55 also went in under 30 seconds. I got that Feb one, so no idea how fast the next 7 went.

You should like my airline in this world, too. ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.