Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Really? JA8 limited to just 220 people?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
Really? JA8 limited to just 220 people?
« on: July 05, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »
So much for us Americans signing up.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Really? JA8 limited to just 220 people?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 05:26:03 PM »
The pax demand level in the early game isn't that great; that's the reason basically. Also I do understand that it has been a while since previous game world started so this was expected a bit.

For anyone interested, the Beginner scenario will reset/restart also during this weekend (a bit earlier than planned).

Offline SHAGRATHI

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
right...you compare JA with BW? lmao  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know what will happen with DOTM, as BW won't start close to it.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »
I don't know what will happen with DOTM

Well that is ending shortly also, so it's expected within about 2 weeks tops too.

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »
why is this limited to only 220 players. U.S kinda shut out. two other games nearly ended so cant play there. 220 really?

Offline RougeCanuck

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »
I'm from north America, west coast even, I got in. The early bird gets the worm.

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 06:19:53 PM »
220 out of potential of over 500 players. so more than half of potential players locked out?

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
The point is you pay money to play but less than half of potential players get to use their cash acquired credits because of timing of a few hours in a single day. its like 500 people paying for a club membership which management accepts but then wont allow half of members to enter event.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 06:26:52 PM »
First of all, you gotta calm down. Secondly, did you read my post (the second message of this thread). It explains why there cannot be 500 players in a Jet Age game world (there never has been, and never will be since it simply does not work as the pax demand levels for that era are so small.). But as I mentioned it has been a while since the last full game world and with the UI upgrades there are now more people wishing to join, so having no spaces in the new world so soon is unfortunate but expected though. But it's still not a good reason to "ruin" the game world by cramming it too full.

Also to avoid any misunderstandings - you are not paying any credits if you are not in a game world. And the Credits do not expire if you do not use them, if you login to your account at least every 6-7 months or so (no need to play even then, just log in). But I am sure you are familiar with this, just that the example you made isn't very suitable ..

Anyways; The Beginner scenario has been just launched ahead of schedule to cater for the immediate gaming needs. And as posted in the news the Dawn of the Millennium scenario is next to start with exact starting date being announced in a week or two.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:33:18 PM by sami »

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »
I see the point, however JA games are -always- limited to 250 or so players, DOTM to ~375, and MT the most at ~600. This is not some huge break from normal like you guys are making it out to be....
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 06:33:33 PM »
six games are listed, 4 are closed, one recently opened with only 220 with 10 month duration, only option is beginners world, seriously.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »
six games are listed, 4 are closed, one recently opened with only 220 with 10 month duration, only option is beginners world, seriously.

Recap:

JA -always- has fewer players
JA size will increase over time
New Beginners world now open
New DOTM coming within 2 weeks

Can't be that hard, to comprehend, can it?
CEO PacAir

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »
its not a matter of comprehending the current situation sir. maybe your unwilling to comprehend what I'm trying to convey. The absolute fact is out of six games four are currently unavailable to some players, one 10 month game is closed within hours and limited to less than half of available players. JA will increase over time is meaningless as some people will be joining at a disadvantage. The next option is two weeks away. I'm not sure why your pushing back at my highlighting the reality of the situation.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »
Actually, there are always the following FOUR (not six) scenarios running (these start and rotate with the principle that when one ends, a new one starts):

- Jet Age
- Dawn of the Millennium
- Modern Times
- Beginner world
(+ demo to new players; but that is not relevant here)

Of these four TWO are available to join and have spaces (MT, BW) at this very moment. ONE is full (bound to have open spaces in some days) and ONE is ending soon.

And further, try to understand that Jet Age games never have more spaces than 200-250. This has been said many times, so point of it being deliberately "limited" to less than half of players (?) is nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:51:42 PM by sami »

mar88

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »
I don’t remember JA having over 300 players in the past, and usually the actual number of players dropped as the game progressed and other more popular worlds were launched.
I think there are several reasons for the fast fill up here, one being that it is the first new world in awhile, and two being that since it is a long game world people are excited about it, I know I am. Player numbers will increase to higher numbers without a doubt.

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
JA8 is deliberately limited to 220 players. There are over 500 potential players, how is it nonsense that its limited to less than half of "potential" players? The absolute undeniable fact is that if someone were logging in today to play:

1 game: full (in several hours)
2 games: ending
1 game: 14 years in progress
2 beginners world: so (overdone)
1 trial (not relevant)

I'm upset because I felt there really wasn't a viable option for me for a month and next viable option rapidly closed due to 220 start restriction.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
I'm from north America, west coast even, I got in. The early bird gets the worm.

Not even early bird....There were spots open until about 1300 Eastern here in the US, or about 1700 GMT. 5 hours is not long, but plenty of time to get a spot, even on the west coast!
CEO PacAir

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »
I'm not posting to argue with you. the fact are the facts: the game is already closed. You got in within the 5 hours, I'm happy for you. I believe your sentiments may be slightly different had you been locked out. I'm posting comments to better the game not to get push back for trying to post constructive inputs on a game I enjoy playing. How is it the least helpful that you keep highlighting the fact that you personally were not locked out so all is fine. I'm posting game feedback as a springboard for improvement. If in fact there was enough time for people that enjoy Jet Age scenarios to join there would not be a situation where people would not be able to join. I get it: YOU were able to join in time so all must be fine

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
Not at all, Orlando, I just can't see a JA era game with 500 players being fun for anyone involved. It would be a total blood bath. And you are right, I would be upset if I was locked out, but I would (im)patiently sit back and watch for an opening, and jump in when I could knowing it was better to join late than to be battling 500 players for 250-300 -realistically- survivable spots.

JA scenarios normally do not fill up until a few days after the game opens, even with room for just 250 players. This one filling so quick is a fluke caused by the new UI and such a long wait since the previous new game.
CEO PacAir

Firebird

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 07:40:57 PM »
I realize 500 people wouldn't want to join Jet age 8, but waiting nearly 11 months for the small window of opportunity to join JA9 (my fav) from the beginning is frustrating. Your right there is definite pent up demand to join a scenario from the beginning. If a player goes to "Join Game Page" he's faced with 4 red X's. Only other option is a beginners scenario and a scenario 14 years running. If there are 250-300 survivable spots for JA8 then open 250-300 slots not 220.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.