Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: More than 2 Aircraft to Start?  (Read 627 times)

Offline Karl

• Members
More than 2 Aircraft to Start?
« on: July 05, 2013, 02:56:39 PM »
On the first real world start up day, airlines are limited to 2 aircraft. 

I was fortunate to grab two decent aircraft.  When looking at new aircraft, I got the expected message that since I already had 2 aircraft, I could not get more until the day changes. 

Then how come, when looking at slots for a new aircraft, I see that at least one airline has an order for 3 aircraft.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: More than 2 Aircraft to Start?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »
You can make two orders.

If you have the money for it you can order one used pland and 100x B747 if you wish. You will still get the newly ordered planes somewhere wayyy in the future so it makes no difference at all. Though that's probably simply not wise approach but some still make new orders right away.

Offline nicoelscublog

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, I am wondering why that is not a good approach, to order new right away? To me it makes sense, if the production slots are not too congested. You get more airplanes than you could on the used market, while just waiting for one or two months without flying anything else, yet after that you have planes with very low maintenance necessities.

Am I wrong or is there a catch?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »
In the same time with used planes you do get faster start .. Depending of course what is available

Yes, you wish to get the new orders coming in at some point, but the balance of early production slots or larger fleet earlier is something everyone has to consider.

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 07:56:12 PM »
You can make two orders.

If you have the money for it you can order one used pland and 100x B747 if you wish. You will still get the newly ordered planes somewhere wayyy in the future so it makes no difference at all. Though that's probably simply not wise approach but some still make new orders right away.

Thanks.  I see your point.  You answered my question.  I like getting a good start with 2 leased planes (if good ones are available) - and I was fortunate.

Live and learn!

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:58:52 PM »
then how come i am limited to 1 order of Convairs... I made one order for 4 and got the msg that I cant make any more.

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
I am having the same issue, I placed an order for new aircraft and was not allowed to purchase a used aircraft as I had planned.

Now I am in a difficult starting situation due to not being able to purchase a plane for the routes I already contracted for.  This almost forces an immediate BK on me.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »
I noticed this too, but thought it was just my misunderstanding as a noob.

I purchased new because I am down to only a few "market calls" and don't want to run through them before the first game day is over (and six other days left in the week), not finding the right fit every time I looked, even with hundreds/thousands in Sale and Storage.

Initially, I thought the market call was in place to limit players from hogging used aircraft during the game.  Since there is no limit, other than funds, to the number of aircraft one can purchase, it did not seem that a new purchase would / should logically limit a used purchase.  But, I see the message that I have already made two orders on the used market screen.

Actually, I only did one purchase of two aircraft.  So, per the wording of the message, I technically have not placed two orders.

Rather confusing this all, and rather artificially limiting at the very start of the game - both this two order limit (combined used/new) and the market call mechanism, especially on the very first day when everyone is starting with the same funds, naturally limiting their ability to acquire more than a few aircraft, while several hundreds or thousands of aircraft sit in Sale and Storage status (for a few aircraft that is more than could be purchased if everyone maxed out on any one of them - given the player limit).  

Probably better off letting everyone just pick any two aircraft they can afford that are initially available on the first day and be done with it, with these rules engaging after the first day ends.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:51:04 AM by BD »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.