Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: The Jet Age #8 is open  (Read 1034 times)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
The Jet Age #8 is open
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »
The Jet Age #8 game world has been opened just moments ago. The game world starts in the mid-1950s when old piston powered props like the DC-3 still rule the skies. The futuristic turbojet aircraft are coming over the next years and decades and will crowd the airspace. Your airline can start with such piston classics as Douglas DC-6 or Convair 440, and move on to such types as Douglas DC-9 and Boeing 737 once they are introduced.

This game world is the first in AirwaySim to test the concept of ultra-long scenarios. The time span of this scenario is from 1955 to all the way to 2020. The scenario starts initially at a lower player number and shorter day lengths (20 mins per game day), but as the time progresses the player number is increased together with the day length. The game world “theme name” will also change accordingly depending on the period – it starts as a Jet Age but ends as a Modern Times scenario.

This is the first such long scenario and thus partly still an experiment. We appreciate all feedback as scenario progresses on how the virtual airlines can be managed in such scenario and how the interface can be improved.

As usual, you may also earn the new AirwaySim Achievements in this game world. Also do remember that the first game turn is 24 hours long and the game clock starts to tick tomorrow. Also do take care in choosing your home base as for example in the EU are the basing outside your home country is not yet available (as per real world rules and agreements).

p.s. The next Beginner's World scenario opens next week!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:26:26 PM by sami »

• Former member
Re: The Jet Age #8 is open
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »
waited a month for game to start and full already only 220 players????

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
Wish I knew in advance it was going to be a long world with quick days. I would have made sure to be online when it opened. Now I want to play, and can't as it's full after barely 6 hours. Bummer. :(

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Way to few players slot heh.

Well nothing to do about it, will try again in some months

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.