Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Make Route Planning one click again  (Read 425 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
[ok] Make Route Planning one click again
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:29:42 AM »
The new Route Planning screen now behaves like the Open New Route screen, with an interim page that on the open route page allows for tech stops but on the planning screen there's no options, it's just a confirmation screen. This is unnecessary and what's worse, when you have a route planning screen open and refresh it after opening the route to see where you are capacity-wise, it reverts back to the interim page and you have to confirm the routing again. Can Route Planning please be one click/page?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:02:09 AM by sami »

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: Make Route Planning one click again
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:42:21 AM »
Also, after viewing a list of destination cities, opening a link in a new tab now takes you back a page to the "select destination continent/country" step. This is going to make researching routes at a new base extremely tedious if we have to go through the entire multi-page selection process for every destination (select departure airport, select destination region, select destination airport, confirm routing). Before, we could select departure airport and destination country, and then from that list open several destinations in new tabs to see the demand and competition on several routes.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: Make Route Planning one click again
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:40:58 AM »
Agree. It is exactly the Open New Route

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: [ok] Make Route Planning one click again
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 11:35:10 AM »
Works now, yay  ;D

Offline Robster_9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
I think my issue is the same as discussed in this thread.  When researching demand on potential routes, any filters I set disappear once I click on a specific airport and try to get back to my original filtered list.  I've tried the back button on both IE and Firefox as well as the 'change selection" option on the screen.  Makes researching routes extremely laborious.  With prior UI, this functionality was in place on my machine.  BTW, the new UI as a whole looks great!!

Thanks

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »
As I've never been a fan of the back button (too many sites blow up when you use it) I have embraced tabbed browsing to the point that it has delayed my adoption of mobile web browsing until tabbed browsing works better on that platform. (That's a browser issue, BTW, not an AWS issue.)

So when researching potential routes, once you filter your list of airports simply open them in new tabs, then close the new tab when finished with that airport and your original filtered list is still there. It is much more convenient than the back button as you can always go back to the first tab for reference while leaving the specific airport screen intact if you still need it.

Depending on your computer and browser, you can either click the scroll wheel ("middle-click") to open a link in a new tab, or if that doesn't work then right-click on the link and select "open in new tab".

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.