Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Route numbers  (Read 356 times)

Offline EYguy

• Members
[-] Route numbers
« on: June 30, 2013, 08:31:02 PM »
Would it be possible to add a feature that allow players to automatically give numbers to flights operating on the same city pairs? I.e.: if I open up LHR-CDG, I'd like to have all the flights operating on that route with numbers included within "1000" and "1100"... Considering that I do manually set these kind of numbers in order to keep my routes in an orderly way, I was wondering if we could have this feature! :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:35:07 PM by sami »

BD

• Former member
Re: Route numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
Would it be possible to add a feature that allow players to automatically give numbers to flights operating on the same city pairs? I.e.: if I open up LHR-CDG, I'd like to have all the flights operating on that route with numbers included within "1000" and "1100"... Considering that I do manually set these kind of numbers in order to keep my routes in an orderly way, I was wondering if we could have this feature! :D
I was thinking the same thing, but I'm hoping it becomes less of an issue with the changes coming that would allow one to search by destination.  

Not sure if it allows sort by destination and departure times - that would be much more helpful on Route Manager, even if search is coming.  

For me, the whole reason for renumbering routes from the default is to be able to sort by destination and times, enabling a quick way to compare LFs at similar times (I'm driven to this because I actively manage prices, given that one price does not seem to fit all aircraft and all time slots - as it should be).

I'd use Route Manager a whole lot less, if the same info was available via Price Management (e.g. LFs, Yield, Revenue), rendering route numbering completely irrelevant (at least for the way I use Route Manager).  I need less to manage routes than I need to manage prices and schedules.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:13:28 PM by BD »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

Offline EYguy

• Members
Re: [-] Route numbers
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:05 AM »
Actually my post went in another direction... I was not talking about 7 days scheduling, etc... Just about "re-grouping" the routes WITHIN some routes numbers. I.e. Lufthansa flies all the routes to North America with numerals between 400 and 499: would it be possible to set some features like "OBBI-OTDB" -> routes between 2000 and 2099? Just to order them...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.