Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Over supplying a route?  (Read 388 times)

• Former member
Over supplying a route?
« on: June 30, 2013, 08:47:57 AM »
I don't get this at all?

• Former member
Re: Over supplying a route?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:10:41 AM »
Please ask proper questions, so we donīt have to guess what your problem is.
If you get an oversupply warning it means that you provide more than 200% of seats on that route at one day of the week minimum.
Please check demand for both directions and lower the maximum of offered seats to 200% of the slowest day or even less for safety.
Again: oversupplying does not account the numbers of the weekīs average, but day numbers proper.
In your case itīs that Gran Canaria route:
you scheduled a 764 for a route that has 71 the lowest number .Highest count of seats you are allowed is 142.
Bear in mind, that demand numbers fluctuate, so I would suggest 130. You can limit the sold seats for that airplane or you use a more appropiate one for that route.
Why are you trying to offer such a lot of seats, anyway ? These flights are doomed to failure,because you īll fly them more than half empty.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:20:36 AM by exchlbg »

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:25 AM »
I did ask a proper question, it was in the title...

also i have done that route because it should pick up shouldnt it? if you advertise it or they would be no point in flying most routes.

plus not going to put a little plane on the EGNM>KJFK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
"Over supplying a route?" is not a complete question.You have to be detailed about what you want to know.I had to find out what may be your problem by searching through those of your airline dates that I can see.People who donīt play BW canīt do this at all and will not  answer these questions.
Massively oversupplying a route is against the game rules and limit must be obeyed. Otherwise you will loose those routes.
In assuming that routes will "pick up" (?) you are expecting that any plane will fill up over time/with marketing. It will see better acceptance of customers, but only up to the limit of general demand or a bit more, if you are cheap enough. You canīt push demand dates by anything you do, your aim should be to get as much PAX of those who want to fly(route demand).You are acting against those rules also in Ibiza,Valencia,New York.On the other side you leave demand unserved.You have still possibilities to serve some of your destinations at least twice, which would be much more economical than constantly opening up new destinations.Also some of your flight times need a second look, starting at midnight and landing at 3 AM will attract only few PAX or needs a very low fare,which hardly covers the costs.
If you stay within the limit of 200% supply the best occupation rate with optimal CI/RI/price/flight time/seat quality will be around 50%, again hardly covering all your costs.
Before ordering new airplanes you should have an overview of the possible routes you want to use it for.Ordering a widebody because you see just one route you can use it for is bad management.In your case there is no route to fill a widebody aircraft at all. Obey fleet commonality, otherwise your airline wonīt be successful.
I would like to ask you to learn more in the various beginner tips and FAQīs provided in this forum.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:47:16 AM by exchlbg »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.