Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: how am i doing? (reposted into correct forum)  (Read 2430 times)

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
how am i doing? (reposted into correct forum)
« on: June 23, 2013, 03:21:43 AM »
evening all,

been playing this game for a while now, and i finally feel i have a game thats going well. can you check it out and see what you think of my current incarnation:

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/3254/

appreciate the feedback...

Offline mtnlion

• Members
Re: how am i doing? (reposted into correct forum)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »
Well, I don't know how much money you have in the bank, but you have some positives and some negatives that are very apparent.

Excellent fleet, and good choice of bases. Bad: Fleet utilization, you have regional jet fleet so you should aim to at least 14h a day. Company image is surprisingly low, but then again your load factor seems to be ok.

I let others to add.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Fleet utilisation can be misleading for a regional airline as routes are often short with flying time short relative to turnarounds etc.

For example, my airline ECX has fleet utilisation of 9hours on average. However, most of my aircraft are up and down at least six times per day, many of them eight times and some more. My most profitable aircraft is an ATR72 that operates twelve very short sectors during the day totalling only 8.5hrs utilisation.

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
I agree that fleet utilization in a regional airline will be much lower than for a big international airline. And two of the bases have curfews so that will drive that number even lower.

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »
Yeah my primary hub is tight on curfews. I night stop where possible and spend very little on marketing so think that explains the low CI. But as you said, my loads are still pretty good. Other than that my fleet are running with 45 minute turns to keep delays down which allows me to spend less on marketing etc.

Seems to be going ok so far... almost filled all route from hub 3 so next will be the jump to hub 4... any ideas?

jneil121

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:01:43 AM »
Kudos on your fleet commonality. That has probably saved you a fair bit of coin over the long term aswell.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.