Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Penalty for Routes Scheduled Close Together?  (Read 444 times)

BD

• Former member
Penalty for Routes Scheduled Close Together?
« on: June 19, 2013, 03:46:12 AM »
There are some high demand routes that, due to my aircraft choice, require that I have many flights scheduled.

I've noticed that the pax allocated varied between flights scheduled close together given the number and the need to optimize utilization.  Having researched it, I find that flights scheduled "less than an hour apart" are treated as "one aircraft" and that the demand is calculated on that, then split between those aircraft. (at least that is how I read it)

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,44808.0.html

Question:  Is that calculation precisely within each hour band, for example it looks at the flights between 1:00pm and 1:59pm as one band, but a flight at 2:00pm would fall outside that calculation, and applied to the 2pm band?  Or, is it a relative calculation (i.e. based on the actual time apart between individual flights)?

If I knew, I could schedule accordingly.

Anyone know, or have links that already answer this?

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Penalty for Routes Scheduled Close Together?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
Time band is real time gap between flights. 60 min are considered to be "safe" in most cases. If demand is very high, the "safe" gaps are smaller, but never schedule two flights at exact the same minute.

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 01:43:59 AM »
For extremely high demand routes (like TPE-HKG 10k+ a day) you'll be fine with one ever 5 mins

BD

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
Thanks...actual 60 mins makes a big difference...good to know.

Also, good to know it is moderated based on the amount of demand, as in the HKG example.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.