Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: losing slots  (Read 407 times)

Offline hmellouli

• Members
losing slots
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:16:27 PM »
Would I lose a slot if the route is scheduled but not flown? I have a delivery coming in three weeks, and the respective slots expiring in a week. I didn't realize that slots expire a month after they are acquired. I thought all slots expire in two month (whether previously flown or just acquired)

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: losing slots
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »
You just answered it yourself. besides,system tells you exactly and repeatedly when a slot is going to get lost. What gave you the idea it would last two month?

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 12:38:13 AM »
Many threads on this topic.

Basically you should not order any slots unless you have a plane ready to schedule them too, otherwise it can/is considered cheating by slot hogging.
Ready to schedule means regardless of the plane being ordered from the Used or New Plane market - don't buy slots until the plane shows up on your schedule as it is then ready to be scheduled.

General rule of thumb: So to play by the rules you should allow a max of 4 weeks from buying the slot to flying the route.
Keep in mind that it can and does take up to 1 week to fly the routes once the plane is delivered to you e.g. if delivered on a Monday it can take 7 days to actually fly an early Monday AM flight depending on the initial delivery time of day.

PS: I have never seen any rules or any threads where a 2 month time frame was indicated as allowed
PPS: and sorry to say but in this case you should lose the slots as you actually are considered as cheating by buying slots so early

Important Note - after rereading my post I can see why the original poster took offence to my comments, my apologies as I did not intend to accuse the poster of cheating directly, I meant that anyone that does buy slots way ahead of time (slot hogging) is cheating and deserves to lose the slots ..... so again my apologies as it was my misunderstanding of the posters question.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:42:01 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:00:20 AM »
Well, my original question was if scheduling is considered usage, or if the routes have to be actually flown. apparently we're gonna talk about different things.

You just answered it yourself. besides,system tells you exactly and repeatedly when a slot is going to get lost. What gave you the idea it would last two month?

A- I don't appreciate the attitude, which seems like a common theme in your responses.
B- this is what gave me the idea, from the messages the system sends on these slot issues:

You must regularly use the airport slots you have acquired for your routes. Not flying a route for two months (or one month after it has been acquired) will lead to suspension and removal of the slot times in question (aircraft maintenance is excluded).

I never generally buy slots in advance. usually i get these annoyingly repetitive messages when i close an unprofitable or lackluster route and re-use the base slots. I've never even noticed the part in parentheses before as I am used to getting the messages for two months. I only noticed this as the situation is different, explained below in my second reply.

Many threads on this topic.

Basically you should not order any slots unless you have a plane ready to schedule them too, otherwise it can/is considered cheating by slot hogging.
Ready to schedule means regardless of the plane being ordered from the Used or New Plane market - don't buy slots until the plane shows up on your schedule as it is then ready to be scheduled.

General rule of thumb: So to play by the rules you should allow a max of 4 weeks from buying the slot to flying the route.
Keep in mind that it can and does take up to 1 week to fly the routes once the plane is delivered to you e.g. if delivered on a Monday it can take 7 days to actually fly an early Monday AM flight depending on the initial delivery time of day.

PS: I have never seen any rules or any threads where a 2 month time frame was indicated as allowed
PPS: and sorry to say but in this case you should lose the slots as you actually are considered as cheating by buying slots so early

A- No thread on this exact topic - I searched.
B- I had a plane originally when I opened the route. I also re-used local slots from a route that i just closed.
C- The slots that I have an issue with were the slots at the destination airports. they are the acquired slots that are the subject of this thread.
D- An unplanned lease termination caused the original aircraft not to be available. the next available aircraft is the one being delivered soon.
E- I realized the difference of time limits between acquired and currently owned slots. the message from the system indicates two months, which is what i am used to when i switch routes around.

I don't cheat, and I take offense to that accusation.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 02:25:01 AM »
It always amazes me when people ask a question and then appear to actually know all the answers anyway.
Rule - If you don't want answers that you may not like then don't ask questions ... as it is an open forum

To answer your question in short
Scheduling is not considered as flying the route.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:30:45 AM by Kadachiman »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.