Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: staffing during new fleet transitions  (Read 583 times)

SuriProf4

• Former member
staffing during new fleet transitions
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:04:52 AM »
i did a search thru the forums, and found partial answers, but no definite answer to this:

if an airline transitions from one fleet type (ex. large) to a new fleet type (ex. medium), and the large fleet is completely out of the airline, will the staffing automatically A) transition/re-train the large fleet pilots to the medium, or B) layoff the large fleet pilots?

i have been monitoring this, and cannot tell if it will happen or not. i havenot transitioned yet, but have started. so it is appearing the pilot numbers are staying the same, but as i have stated, i havenot completed the transition.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: staffing during new fleet transitions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 08:18:03 AM »
No it will not, you will have to do it manually and it will cost you a fortune in lost Company Image. Think about it twice.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »
No it will not, you will have to do it manually and it will cost you a fortune in lost Company Image. Think about it twice.

so maybe this is a feature request to have the transition out pilots train to a new aircraft type. especially if it is an aircraft within the same manufacturer.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »
Already out there.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:01:04 AM »
ok

i will have to monitor it and just take the penalty because it will cost millions to keep pilots in a class of aircraft i am fasing out of the airline.

Offline Frederik

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
My experience is that if you adjust the staffing numbers every time a new aircraft is programmed the changes in pilot numbers will be small and the effect on CI also very small or non existent. It is micro-management but it has worked for me!

Swiss quality all over the world

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
Indeed, rather do it incrementally, not in one batch.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »
i will keep this in mind. i did the first 'layoffs' as ~70 pilots. but will try to do it each time an aircraft is added to new fleet, and removed from old fleet.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:37 AM »
My experience is that if you adjust the staffing numbers every time a new aircraft is programmed the changes in pilot numbers will be small and the effect on CI also very small or non existent. It is micro-management but it has worked for me!
What is the time frame between these for the CI effect to be "smoothed" out.  That is, because of layoffs, are we better off receiving one or two aircraft per week vs more frequently?  Or, must it be per month?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.