Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Buyout Airlines  (Read 483 times)

Offline C

• Members
Buyout Airlines
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:11:55 AM »
I think that having the ability to make a buyout offer to an airline would be cool.

A huge airline offers to buy a smaller one for X amount of cash, in return the big airline gets all the planes, routes, slots, etc and possibly even some debt from the small airline and the small airline gets the cash from the buyout to start another airline with.

Just a cool feature that would be awesome.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Buyout Airlines
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
Popcorn prepared...

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
I remember this being discussed earlier. It would be a great feature, but it would be necessary to transfer wealth to the CEO so he/she can buy shares in other airlines and so on. It would be more business-simulation.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
I remember this being discussed earlier. It would be a great feature, but it would be necessary to transfer wealth to the CEO so he/she can buy shares in other airlines and so on. It would be more business-simulation.

the level of defrauding the game will become epic if this is allowed.   

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
i agree with swiftus - while neat in concept, there are huge playability issues associated with this proposal.  the new AI, city-based demand, and cargo, each of which are significant undertakings, are a higher priority than building a stock market into AWS.

Offline C

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »
I think that it would give some people a second chance, and it wouldn't necessarily be a great deal for the acquiring airline either as they would have to pay off a certain percentage (if not all) of the debt that the airline they bought had. Plus you could have a fee associated with the acquisition.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:17:43 PM »
No. 

This game is not close to GAAP compliant.  It would be a slaughterhouse to incorporate.  Shares/dividends would be a mess.  It would be a way to constantly move money around in order to hide from paying taxes.  This would help airlines to conduct tactics against TOS by propping up other airlines who are price/route dumping.   

Sorry, I just don't think that this can be put into the game.  IRL there are also major regulators who watch over this type of stuff.  For Sami to police this game, the price would need to be tripled just to keep enough referees out there.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »
This is mainly an airline business game and the game should stay with a focus on this topic alone.
Your requests wanders off into banking/stock /financing market .There are enough enhancements of core gameplay left to be implemented anyway.

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 11:38:39 PM »
I'm sensing that this would turn into a PanAm/National affair in every case.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.