Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Selectable Routes on Price Management  (Read 578 times)

BD

• Former member
[ok] Selectable Routes on Price Management
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
Since the pax demand seems to be sophisticated enough to behave differently during different time slots of a given day (or maybe I'm wrong in how I am ascribing the different demand behaviors between aircraft of same/similar configuration and time slots?), it would be very very helpful to be able to select individual routes to the same destination for a mass update on prices.

Today, the choice is only all routes to the city for mass update, or one by one through editing them all singly - very time consuming and does not add value to the game.

How it would work...select the destination, as we do today, have a selection box by each route listed.  That's it.

Would be nice to have LF% by type of pax also there, as that is what the adjustments are trying to manage.  If not, it becomes important to filter manage routes by destination (which should be an option anyway).

As airlines grow, this would greatly reduce (to about 1/10th or less the time) the drudgery of price management.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:23:57 PM by sami »

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Selectable Routes on Price Management
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:41:53 AM »
Have you made yourself acquainted with all the interface changes already on the way ? See announcement/general forums.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out...I found it

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,46221.40.html

Message #26

Seems that this will not be addressed at this time...too bad, it is a huge time driver, and takes a lot of the fun out of playing anything more than a few aircraft.  

It is game design that is driving it, as the pax demand behave differently and independently to prices at different times of day.  Otherwise, one has to put up with one price for all, and suck up the low LF% while simultaneously leaving money on the table for the 100% LF routes.   :'(

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:48:19 PM »
Itīs either that or a lot of work. There must be some disadvantages leading a mega-airline. You loose the ability to micromanage or itīs turning into a full-time profession.
Maybe it is meant that way. If you can turn everything into easy automatic, you have a professional management, but whatīs left for you to do (decide) ?

BD

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 01:48:29 PM »
Itīs either that or a lot of work. There must be some disadvantages leading a mega-airline. You loose the ability to micromanage or itīs turning into a full-time profession.
Maybe it is meant that way. If you can turn everything into easy automatic, you have a professional management, but whatīs left for you to do (decide) ?
Hard to think it is meant that way...I only have 36 aircraft (hardly mega) and that is a chore!

I think there is plenty of room for allowing an easy interface to manage small through mega, and still leaving the "fun" aspect of developing strategy and trying it out to see what works.  There is no fun in the tedium of having to update minutiae by hand because some of the game action turns on those settings.  The optimization shouldn't be automated, but neither should it be game days (and hours IRL) to implement.

The improvements in the updates are largely still in the click and type mode.  Unless I missed it in the notes about coming changes, I think the developer(s) is missing a major aspect of modern ease of use interfacing, or the architecture is preventing him from adopting things like drag and drop capability, as one example (would be great for scheduling).  

A simple click selection of routes for mass price change is not even implemented, yet many have been clamoring for simplification of price management.  Part of the problem is, as I've seen, that folks have offered all kinds of complicated solutions for price management and overlooked this simple idea.

BTW, not trashing the game...it is a great game, but as a noob I see this and figure some fresh eyes may help.

Anyway, looks like next Jet Age game world will have the new interface...looking forward to exploring the improvements (and hopefully they exceed what I've read so far), even if, as a noob, I'll probably be killed by the long time gamers in competition.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:05:06 PM by BD »

FORSBERC

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07:45 PM »
It would be nice to be able to select multiple destinations and adjust them as well. For example, I want to increase prices by 10% on SKMR, SKCL and SKRG. It would save the extra clicks by needing to this once, not three times.

Also, being able to be able to filter by "Have Competition" or "Have no competition" would be a nice feature as well.

Zoom

BD

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 12:53:36 AM »
It would be nice to be able to select multiple destinations and adjust them as well. For example, I want to increase prices by 10% on SKMR, SKCL and SKRG. It would save the extra clicks by needing to this once, not three times.

Also, being able to be able to filter by "Have Competition" or "Have no competition" would be a nice feature as well.

Zoom
Interesting ideas.

I've been largely ignoring any pricing micromanagement this game.  With 420 route pairs it is far too time consuming to work them individually, even though I see definite opportunity to optimize.

Seems that LFs and competition are two key drivers for adjusting prices. 

Another consideration, or additional related request, would be the ability to adjust prices by player defined LF ranges.  With selectable routes, this may be redundant, if LF was shown with each route and was sortable on a price management page.    Would couple nicely with a competition filter.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »
Price management will be eventually included under Route management page so you can easily utilize the filters/selectors there, and mass-edit prices regardless of destination.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.