Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Private & Government Contracts  (Read 385 times)

Offline Colsie123

• Members
Private & Government Contracts
« on: June 09, 2013, 12:52:06 PM »
I feel an interesting enhancement to the game would be to introduce private and government contracts for the transportation of people.

I believe this could work in two ways:

Large contracts are put out for tender for specific country ie USA airlines in the USA are given a deadline to submit their price to the contractor. Now at this point ti would not rely merely on who is the best looking financially deal, it would consider the airlines CI, their route network, aircraft availability and the airlines financial situation. With this I believe airlines could be challenged to price ie in a two year contract to ferry workers daily at a set time to arrive for a set time they would have to in their bidding for the contract consider future fuel prices and their own airlines demands.

I also believe for smaller and newer airlines their should be one off or short term contracts such as ferrying 10 or so people between Houston and smaller out lying oil fields.This would be based solely on who is offering the best aircraft and price ie an executive of a business would not fly on economy seating. This could be a good cash cow at the start and int he future and give a use for the pesky small jets in the game.

Offline Dasha

• Members
Re: Private & Government Contracts
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
Would be nice for when we get cargo as well.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »
cargo is easily handled by adding it as a 4th type of pax.  Private contracts, also which has been sort of mentioned in Charter Flights requests, are not able to be modeled at the present time.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »
So why isnīt it in the game yet?
I donīt think the cargo solution only consists of a 4th PAX type.
Same reason charter or LC traffic donīt just form PAX type 5 and 6.

To OP: interesting, not totally unrealistic, but way off anything that would fit into current or coming gameplay. I donīt think there will be any kind of bidding system in the game. So much more to do first.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:44:23 PM by exchlbg »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.