Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Different Airline Types/Modes/Models (LCC, Standard, Global, etc.)  (Read 299 times)

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
I think the current AWS model is a little too rigid and basically makes it easy to run a particular type of airline but does not allow enough flexibility for players to either run small airlines (without BK due to low revenue and unrealistic costs) or large airlines (without being BK due to unrealistic opearational penalties). I suggest allowing additional flexibility by allowing each CEO to choose a "model" for his/her airline when starting (and either can't be changed except by BK, or can only be changed upon payment of a fee in game cash).

As an idea, I propose these 3 initial models, though other options could be added or these can be changed:

Low Cost Carrier
  • Reduced staffing costs (either fewer HR/manager type staff required, or just discounted salary if easier)
  • Limited to HQ + 1-2 bases
  • Two fleet types at regular cost (commonality rape begins with third type)
  • Reduced maintenance costs
  • Reduced effectiveness (or increased cost) of CI marketing; no effect on route marketing

Standard Airline
  • Regular staffing costs (like current AWS)
  • Limited to HQ +3 bases
  • Three fleet types at regular cost (commonality rape begins with fourth type)
  • Regular maintenance costs
  • Standard effectiveness of marketing

Large/Global Airline
  • Increased staffing costs (more infrastructure required, or just higher salaries are needed to keep morale up)
  • Limited to HQ + 5 bases
  • Five fleet types at regular cost (commonality rape begins with sixth type)
  • Increased maintenance costs
  • Increased effectiveness (or decreased cost) of CI marketing; no effect on route marketing

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:35:31 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Different Airline Types/Modes/Models (LCC, Standard, Global, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:00:15 PM »
Already discussed, open thread exists..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.