Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Virtual Hard Stop in Demo World  (Read 974 times)

• Former member
Virtual Hard Stop in Demo World
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »
Ugh!  Just got started learning how to play this game, hitting my stride, and now find that the used aircraft are virtually sold out (none matching my types) and new orders arrive just in time for maybe a month (of game world time) of use.   :o :'(

Checked the Beginner's World and that it closed because it is ending soon.  

Dawn of the Millenium is nearly 20 game years along, and Modern Times is almost 10 of 24 game years along.   :-\

Not much chance a Noob would have in them, I figure, given the "pros" will be well entrenched, the good used aircraft bought up, and all decent sized airports hold multiple competitors (and I'm not looking for NYC, LA size by any means - I'm speculating all airports for the first two or three pages in on the list of airports when sorted by largest passenger demand, given the number of players).   :(

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Virtual Hard Stop in Demo World
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:09:01 PM »
The ending worlds always restart when they are about to end. So expect a next fresh beginner scenario during this weekend (BW is a scenario always repeating with the same settings and time frame).

(also, never rely solely on the used a/c market - in new large game worlds it's slim pickings.. The established worlds (that have run longer like DotM) have on the other hand very good supply of used planes making it easy to start in that sense)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:16:24 PM by sami »

• Former member
Re: Virtual Hard Stop in Demo World
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »
Sami, thanks...good to know that Demo will restart right away.  BW is eight days away...look forward to that then, too.

Seems like I hit your advice by accident, as I started with a lease on a new aircraft.  My mistake was going too small given the available demand (not many competitors I guess in Demo)...I could have made a faster start and be a few aircraft more.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.