Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] More realistic discounts for Acft purchase  (Read 531 times)

Offline hmellouli

• Members
[-] More realistic discounts for Acft purchase
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
This is something that's been indirectly talked about in different topics, but I'd like to focus on it individually here.

Basically, list prices are almost never what any airline pays for the airplane. in fact. most airliners are sold with a 40-60% discount from list price. obviously that depends on order size, fleet, etc. the highest discount we get in AWS is 20%, which is nice, but still very high. for example I just ordered 40 B764, and my final price is around ~$124M per A/C, instead of ~$154M. in real life, that would have been closer to $60-80M.

My proposal would be something like this:
(these are initial orders, supplemental orders should be priced around the same, unless it would have better terms, i.e. larger order than initial)

1-2 orders: list price
2-5: 5% off
5-15: 15% off
15-25: 25% off
25-35: 40% off
35+: 50% off

i know there are also discounts for being a launch carrier and other things as well, so that should stay.
Article about this topic: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303649504577494862829051078.html

Sami, what do you think?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:03:22 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: More realistic discounts for Acft purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
Having 50% off from the list prices would make big airlines just even bigger as the prices would be dirt cheap... Not favourable for game play in the bigger picture.

Offline hmellouli

• Members
Re: More realistic discounts for Acft purchase
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:18:06 PM »
Having 50% off from the list prices would make big airlines just even bigger as the prices would be dirt cheap... Not favourable for game play in the bigger picture.

I know it would, but it would allow small-medium size airlines like mine and smaller airlines to grow into bigger airlines and be more competitive with the big ones. right now, only big airlines can afford those planes at a decent volume, even without a discount. so they are mostly the only ones benefiting from the current prices and better cost performance of new aircraft.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.