Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] AWS Intergalactic  (Read 1035 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
[-] AWS Intergalactic
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »
Okay, so I expect an immediate [-] from this bad boy...

Imagine a game built around this model:

1.  Short range ships service the planets that they are on only.   (for instance, if you want to be a shuttle service on Coruscant, well then go for it.... not so much on Degobah)

2.  Medium ships service local cluster and planets.  

3.  Large ships service the large hyperspace lanes and can travel great distances.  

Random thoughts:
Major pax impact on speed of ships.  
News events cause there to be major changes on travel (for instance a starport closure at alderaan)
Rip off all of the Sci Fi genres.  Have a cluster of planets for Star Wars, another Trek, another BSG....   Ships from all of these genres as well.  
Ship discounts if you have a base in the system that makes them
Lucrative flights are long long long (like 1 route per week to get from New Caprica to Earth)    <--- okay, couldn't resist

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:54:27 PM by sami »

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
Re: AWS Intergalactic
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 12:30:07 PM »
Slightly under two months late  ;)

Would be funny though to have a separate game with this :p
New project for Sami?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: [-] AWS Intergalactic
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »
sami actually gave this an [ok] and implemented the features, but everything got sucked into the black hole he created (I know what you're thinking, but this time it was a real black hole and not just a metaphor for the used aircraft market).

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:54:42 AM »
Maybe itīs a bit hard to change earth time-zones into parsecs/star-time for the schedule.Not everyone gets reasonable dates out of Einsteinīs formula.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 11:06:03 AM »
Okay, so you have to take some liberties here. We can't assume that the speed of time's relativity in relation to a body moving close to the speed of light affects time.   

Simply put, make up distance and speed.   That's easy.   

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
How about a "New Earth" with different geography, airports location, demography, and also totally new A/C types (ones we don't have clues about specs and release date)

All the mentioned above are changed with a new game world, so that no player knows more information and data than another one

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »
I thought of that too.

I'd love of news events had more impact.   For instance if the federation and romulans go to war traffic dies....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.