Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] view only mode / preview  (Read 601 times)

Offline hmellouli

• Members
[ok] view only mode / preview
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:10:58 PM »
is it possible to add a read-only / audience mode when joining new games? this would be where I could peek into a game just to see the stats and what's going on with out playing. say if I wanted to peek into another game, or if I was not playing any game and wanted to see if airports were available, etc before committing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:07:20 PM by sami »

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
Re: view only mode / preview
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »
It's kind of a great idea to be able to see which airports do not have any operative airlines before starting yes.

But if you are also thinking of watching how other people play that would be a weird thing. Because then you can join in afterwards and by knowing what the other players are doing, you can give other peoples airlines a blow to the gut by making a very effective strategy to out compete them.

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:05:02 PM »
It's kind of a great idea to be able to see which airports do not have any operative airlines before starting yes.

But if you are also thinking of watching how other people play that would be a weird thing. Because then you can join in afterwards and by knowing what the other players are doing, you can give other peoples airlines a blow to the gut by making a very effective strategy to out compete them.

well it wouldn't be looking at how other players play...even though sometimes i wish i can do that to figure out other people's tricks! it would just be like seeing the the stats, looking at individual airports and airlines stats, pretty much that. kind of like the results screen we get when a a game world ends.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 06:04:26 PM »
I favour this as well. Could also be helpful to other players rather than seeing it as cheating.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 02:47:22 AM »
Im in, I required this a loong time ago already.Headquartering is one of the most important decisions you have to make right at the start.
Right now you cant make a reasonable decision, its a shot into the dark.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
This is a feature I've been wanting to see for a long time.  I'm surprised it has not made it into the latest updates.  

Here is what I merely want to know before I join a game world:

* What airports do not currently have any players?
* Does the airport where I would like to start have any players?
* What is the current new aircraft offering?  How long are the queues?
* What is the current used aircraft offering?
* What is the current route demand (and filled demand) between city pair A-B?
* View airport details (slots, demand, closure times, etc.)

This is all I need to know (I do not need to view player/airline details, and I understand locking out this information).  I am not sure why I should have to pay any money to observe these generic details about the game world.  These are things I would like to know before joining a game world (and paying money) and would allow me to ascertain the viability of joining a game world.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:04:05 PM by JJP »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »
This is basically done now in two steps:

* The base finder wizard that was added earlier, together with improved base finder give you more information.

* And a new feature, a 15 minute free preview  http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,26356.msg276376.html#msg276376
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:09:29 PM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.