Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Change the minimum price for older aircraft.  (Read 436 times)

• Former member
[-] Change the minimum price for older aircraft.
« on: May 17, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »
Looking at the amount of dumping going on in DoTM and JA, the amount of aircraft in the 15+ age range and the difficulty in finding customers for those aircraft, I was thinking that it would be nice if the minimum price allowed for an aircraft in relation to its value goes down as it ages or even nearly disappears when it reaches a certain age (10% of value at 15 years of age.) I know minimum prices are there to prevent exploits by alliances, but its application without regards to aircraft age leaves tons of 15+ year old aircraft on the market without a buyer that could otherwise be put to use at a lower price.  The market has decided that at even 75% of value, 15 year old aircraft simply aren’t worth the investment to most people.  The high minimum price has effectively established a uneconomical price floor in the game when it comes to older aircraft and has made it difficult for sellers and buyers to reach an agreeable price when it comes to older second hand aircraft.  Currently I am experimenting with running an airline using primarily older aircraft, and an aircraft that I would otherwise purchase at 3 to 4 million, the system says can only be sold for 9 million.  I know exploits have to be watched out for and dealt with, but the current pricing system has essentially removed a market for older aircraft that could otherwise be put to use with players such as myself looking for cheap airframes or starting players looking to own a few aircraft.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:48:45 PM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Change the minimum price for older aircraft.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »
The longer a plane is listed on the market, the lower you can sell it for. I dont know the specifics but in mt7, I was able to drop some of my a320s that had been rotting on the used market for years to around 30% of value to lease out

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
That still eats up time and part of the airplane's life. I mean it is obvious in game world after game world that 15+ year old aircraft are difficult to sell and that the prices are simply too high for the market wants. Why wait three years to try to reach a price when you already know what the market wants. In RL if carriers today can pick up MD-80s for refurbishment at 5 mil, then I don't think a 10 to 15% base for 15+ year old aircraft is that unrealistic, especially since checks are usually required. (basically a refurbishment like in Allegiant's case.)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 03:48:42 PM »
Yes, the lowest possible price (related to plane's book value) is based on the time the a/c has been on the market. You can list if very low but have to be there for a while first

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.