Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Sheds  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Marksw76

• Members
Sheds
« on: May 16, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »
Whats the deal with all the sheds being listed for sale?

Seriously who is going to buy a 22yr old 737 with expired D check, some have not had a C check since 1983!!!

Whaaat? Just weigh them in fellas and scrap em, they are getting in the way of the used listings and even the most successful airline can't turn down a few million in scrap value!!!

You must be mad!!!!

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: Sheds
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:03:53 AM »
A heap of crap rusting on the UM is still counted toward CV at a far higher rate than the plane is worth in scrap metal....
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Marksw76

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 07:35:59 AM »
Lol! how silly!

presumably it doesnt count towards average fleet age and they don't pay ground fees then.... ::)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 07:45:23 PM »
I enjoy buying those scrap heaps when I have nothing better to do.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
Lol! how silly!

presumably it doesnt count towards average fleet age and they don't pay ground fees then.... ::)

Not silly at all. I worked to build the airline, why should I intentionally kill the value of the carrier to make sure the UM is not cluttered? There are arguably frames I have that I would send to the desert for storage instead of the UM if it was an option, but I will not scrap a plane and hurt my airlines value.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

brique

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 12:08:24 AM »
Not to forget the fact that even if its a heap of junk, the notional value still attached counts as security for loans; and that company value is a factor in assessing your credit rating, which affects the amount and cost of loans : so, all in all, it can make financial sense (in game terms) to leave them parked up : of course, for the OCD-minded, it does create an awful itching desire to scrap them and keep your pages neat and tidy and therefore much more attractive and less likely to cause disease, famine, Justin Bieber and other earth-destroying calamities...

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 12:45:50 AM »
Being able to place aircraft in storage would fix this problem.

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47161.0.html

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.