Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Register interest with manufacturer  (Read 278 times)

Offline Dan380

• Members
Register interest with manufacturer
« on: May 15, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »
Hi Sami, I've seen in some games recently that production lines for some aircraft close much earlier than they probably should. I just have a couple of ideas to keep the production lines open a bit longer and stop that mad rush to order that happens when the manufacturer threatens to close the line.

1 - Airlines declare interest in purchasing aircraft.
This only really needs to happen when a manufacturer threatens to close a line. Quite often, airlines will be interested in buying the aircraft, but the timing is not right. The airline either has to make a mad rush to order aircraft it doesn't really need yet, or has to see the production line close and never buy the aircraft. Instead, the airline should be able to declare its interest with the manufacturer, as would happen in a real world situation. If the manufacturer receives enough interest, then it can decide to extend the life of the production line. Obviously, the manufacturer would need to receive a large number of  these requests, and some sort of limit (once per year?) should be in place to stop airlines declaring interest in aircraft they're not likely to purchase.

2 - Manufacturers should do more to try and keep the lines going.
In MT8 at the moment, the PC-12 is about to close, but its trying to produce 12 aircraft per month, which is a bit of a mammoth target for a niche aircraft. Instead, the manufacturer should scale back production as orders dry up. This way, the orders it does have will be spread out over a larger length of time, and it should see a much higher percentage of production slots filled. Manufacturers could also drop prices or offer discounts, as an alternative to abandoning their large investment in a project.

By keeping the production lines open, niche aircraft can remain in production for a far more realistic length of time, and hopefully the choice of aircraft in the fleet can be kept a lot more interesting than the usual Boeing or Airbus choice.

Offline Andre

• Members
Re: Register interest with manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 08:53:49 PM »
I like this suggestion.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.