Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Vatsim  (Read 3576 times)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Vatsim
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 10:47:36 PM »
FSX doesn't run like a normal game. Plus no current computer can run it on max settings.

For a start, try turnin autogen down to dense and turning off DX10 preview. Not sure if you still have to do the infamous 4 gigabyte switch these days. Remember it from my teen years though haha  8)

Try it Chris, with no payload and 20t of fuel you can ferry that thing 4000nm eastbound with the wind at your back  8)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 07:06:16 AM »
Exactly, no computer runs fsx maxed out with no lag. I used to get 5fps(!) in the 737NGX until i did this:

Turn off lens flare, direct x10, light bloom and advanced animations (Unless you want a moving jetway. (Im ryanair most of the time so jetways dont bother me, ryanair dont use them unless your in Spain)

Turn target frame rate to unlimited so it doesn't have to worry about meeting the target.

Just experiment and put the settings higher and higher, but you have to be willing to lose the odd frame.

Now i get 16fps with aerosoft Madeira X in a pdmg737.

I will try that, ill get a good laugh out of it. EGLL-KJFK in a fully loaded 737. 8)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:12:26 AM by a330erlingus »

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 05:25:51 PM »
Are crashes simulated? Is it possible for the ATC to make mistakes, or do planes just fly through each other?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »
Most ppl turn crashes off and there is no clipping

Atcramon

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »
Alex:
If you're looking for a good A320, have a look at the Airbus Prologue from BlackBox Simulation.
While still developping( version now is 0.70) it's a very useful plane.
They have too an A330, if you like long range flights.
Hope you'll enjoy
Ramon.
BTW: I've flying in VATSIM since 1997, when it was called SATCO.

If you tweak your GFX card settings and FSX.cfg file you can stop a lot of those crashes on approach swifty. It's when the game has the highest work to do.

Yeah I use that and am awaiting the flight sim labs A320.

Taking a 737 accross the pond, now that was exciting! (Boeing delivery flight Seattle to England)

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »
You guys seem geeky enough :D (That's a good thing!)

I'm playing Flight Sim for years now but I see more and more people making their own livery and exporting it into FSX. Any of you got an idea how? I got a few of the Project Open Sky planes and they supply paint kits for some and although I can do the painting and all, I can't seem to get it to work in the game.

Anybody?
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Atcramon

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 10:15:33 PM »
Hi Dasha: I'm not a painter but I've downloaded and installed lot of liveries.
Are you sure that you do every steps to make a liverie work in FSX?
Place the liverie folder texture on your plane main folder.
Edit your aircraft.cfg file, located at the main plane folder, to add the new liverie.
To do that you may copy another text from other texture and simply modify the text by changing the name of the texture.
Start your FSX and,at the aircraft menu, be sure to check the "show all variations" button. I have the spanish version, so I'm not sure if this is the correct name of the button.
Let me search for an example, and I will post it later, since I'm now in hollydays and don't have my FSX here

Atcramon

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »
Dasha:
Here is an example of the aircraft.cfg that must be modified.
Suppose your new liveri is called Flyfast
The texture folder must named "texture.flyfast"
Place that folder at your main aircraft folder.
Open the aircraft.cfg file.
You may find something like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=PA319 - Air France
sim=pa319-cfm56-2
model=CFM
panel=
sound=CFM
texture=AF
checklists=
atc_id=F-GRXB
atc_airline=AIR FRANCE
atc_flight_number=58
ATC_PARKING_CODES=AFR
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_variation=Air France
ui_type=A319 CFM
ui_createdby=Project Airbus
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0
kb_checklists=AirbusA319_check
kb_reference=AirbusA319_ref
description=AIR FRANCE / Project Airbus A319. Visual model by Andy Warden and Derek Mayer. Base textures by Demetris Themistocleous and Alessandro Savarese. Flight model & Sounds by Peter Binamira. Copyright Project Airbus 2008.\ n \ Repaint by Hector Perez Gonzalez / h_perez_g@yahoo.com

Copy the whole text and add it below the original.
Change the [fltsim.o] to [fltsim.1] or next number after all if they are several textures)
Change title= PA319-AIR FRANCE to title= PA319- Flyfast
Change atc_id=F-GRXB to the appropiate.
Change atc_airline=AIR FRANCE to atc_airline=FLYFAST
Change texture=AF to texture=Flyfast
Change ATC_PARKING_CODES=AFR to ATC_PAKING_CODES=FLY(or leave it blank)
Change ui_variation=Air France to ui_variation=Flyfast.
Change the description at your own(don't forget the other authors)
Save and choose your variation at the FSX.
I hope this will work, just in the case that you didn't before.
Regards
Ramon

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 10:59:16 PM »
I've recently been cleared on Dublin (EIDW) as a tower controller, hopefully any vatsim flyers here will fly into Dublin more frequently, also if you're thinking about joining vatsim (Which you should, unless you like x-plane/fsx default atc?!) you should join the Irish division, regardless of your nationality, with some of the most intelligent controllers with us and also the friendliest (a fact on vatsim!!) its a no-brainer!

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 08:33:19 AM »
Hi Dasha: I'm not a painter but I've downloaded and installed lot of liveries.
Are you sure that you do every steps to make a liverie work in FSX?
Place the liverie folder texture on your plane main folder.
Edit your aircraft.cfg file, located at the main plane folder, to add the new liverie.
To do that you may copy another text from other texture and simply modify the text by changing the name of the texture.
Start your FSX and,at the aircraft menu, be sure to check the "show all variations" button. I have the spanish version, so I'm not sure if this is the correct name of the button.
Let me search for an example, and I will post it later, since I'm now in hollydays and don't have my FSX here

I have installed and downloaded liveries before as well. They always work. But the ones I painted myself are completely black. Even after copying them over an already excisting livery that worked. I will try your steps though, see if that works.

Thanks
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 10:34:13 AM »
Never flown on VATSIM as I already fly and control on IVAO.

Offline --miki--

• Members
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »
Never flown on VATSIM as I already fly and control on IVAO.

Same here, although I have a Vatsim account.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.