I enjoy a challenge just like everyone else. The current post 9 11 fuel crisis has certainly filled that bill. However, I would like to request a stop to dramatic fuel increases and a gradual reduction (to help those who have hedged their fuel supply).
The sim is great at providing an exciting and entertaining opportunity to build an airline is a relatively realistic world situation, but like any simulation, it has its limits. The program can only do so much. While the current fuel price may or may not be a realistic situation faced by real-world airlines of the age, we do not have some of the opportunities that those airlines that survived did have.
I realize that some of these limitations cannot possibly be programmed into the very complicated simulation program. That is why I seek some fuel relief.
1) The sim does not allow an airline to declare bankruptcy reorganization
. We can only liquidate and begin a new
. While I appreciate the ability to do this up to four times for one subscription, we simply cannot reorganize. A financially challenged sim airline cannot currently keep its assets; renegotiate wages, leases and other contracts, etc.
2) A sim airline cannot sell stock or find new inverstors to raise funding.
3) A sim airline cannot get government investment, financial relief, or compensation.
4) A sim airline cannot form real alliances and/or code shares or negotiate a contract with regional/commuter carriers to fly routes that may not be profitable.
5) It seems to me that having more than 500 airlines in a sim makes it very difficult in the first place - without other challenges.
Can we get some relief from fuel prices? At least for a while to give us a chance to recoup before the next challenge?