Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] "Create routes like this for the next 6 days"  (Read 5201 times)

wahughesjr

• Former member
Re: "Create routes like this for the next 6 days"
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »
Along with all the other great ideas along these lines, I'll throw out one more: Add an option to the drop-down menu at the bottom of the Manage Routes screen (the one that says, "With selected") that says, "Purchase slots." That way, after I've gone and planned an entire seven-day schedule worth of flights without purchasing slots for them (in case I have to change the scheduling to account for slots running out at particular times of day, etc.), and then (after receiving the aircraft I ordered months ago) scheduled all those flights to a particular aircraft, I don't then have to go in and INDIVIDUALLY EDIT EACH AND EVERY FLIGHT ON EACH AND EVERY DAY just to buy the slots. That's not really an "edit" -- that's more of an "activate" that should be able to be done with one click.

Better still, build into the scheduling module a function that automatically purchases any needed slots for flights when you assign said flights to a particular aircraft.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »
I really would like to see ways to make  character to be more individual:

1. Establish Airport, lounges for premium cabins or to see entry to paid.
2.  The ability to charge for seat clection.
2. Meal standards from basic to chef on Board in all cabins, the same as in real life, EG an Alliance, Could choose  First and what  choice of meals,
3.  Introduce Premium economy seats an different cabin cost, or have sales when and where we choose
4   Have sales when and where we choose (eg - x %, X row weeks and, in one set u
grade.
5.  Upgrade bids, currently in real life. Ur passengers could upgrade to a the next class .
6.  Have a member FFP schemes. Perks options for my Airlinr, to tempt vudtomrtd
7. To carry special cargo offered during the game, with specific cargo planes
8, Allow Member Alliances to share membership , and support Airline, with  a one off cash injection vie group if Requested derd the allowance to. currently the game does not even allow or feature this
9. Limo service to and from destinations option.
10. More shorter games, as people doing usual jobs, as we do not have time each real time day to.

These and many more that do feature within
 wiith~in other Internet games.

I cannot afford the time, as i fly and am on business. to commit to 16 months games in s games,

We could have more beginners world games, to regions 2 monthly game at any one time, with smallers periods and specifications

Other games are successful having these features.d
Thanks for the developments slowly introduced in the recent months. I leaves me no choice as its unrealistic for me playing over a year

Offline Elladan

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 02:58:00 AM »
Along with all the other great ideas along these lines, I'll throw out one more: Add an option to the drop-down menu at the bottom of the Manage Routes screen (the one that says, "With selected") that says, "Purchase slots." That way, after I've gone and planned an entire seven-day schedule worth of flights without purchasing slots for them (in case I have to change the scheduling to account for slots running out at particular times of day, etc.), and then (after receiving the aircraft I ordered months ago) scheduled all those flights to a particular aircraft, I don't then have to go in and INDIVIDUALLY EDIT EACH AND EVERY FLIGHT ON EACH AND EVERY DAY just to buy the slots. That's not really an "edit" -- that's more of an "activate" that should be able to be done with one click.

Better still, build into the scheduling module a function that automatically purchases any needed slots for flights when you assign said flights to a particular aircraft.

That would be a really great improvement, second that.
Also, there is currently no way to filter out routes which are missing some slots, e.g. if I have a route that does not have Thursday slot (because it was unavailable when I created it) it's a royal pain to find it out after it's scheduled - especially if one has hundreds of them. A simple filtering option would work wonders here, ideally with a field to specify number of missing days (1 to 7).

CEO Josh Landers

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 05:39:51 AM »
Optionally,
Correct me if im wrong here,
Pay the route team in your airline and such a premium to make "perfect" shedule, depending upon how much you pay they will look at your airport and the surrounding demand then pick the ones that give you the most return. It also chooses the aircraft for you and shedules the maintenance. This way you auto start a new planes routes without the need to open 800 tabs to find the one route that works.

Added to this could be a route clean up that also needs a premium to make work but will adjust several aircraft and condense the flights to maybe give you more time to fly.
Suggestioned price would be aroud $700,000 to mainly cover the slots and then the rest is to stop abuse by people. Could have a drop in CI aswell (50/50 chance of a 3 point drop) to stop major carriers from abuses of it.
Please note that  for anyone to agree to this it would have to have a limit on it like you can only do it once a operational year in the game.
It could double as a risky quick start in the beginning stages of the games.

Offline Luperco

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 08:15:32 PM »
+1 for this request.

I'ld implement it in this way.

A button "split route" that splits the route, one per day, for each selected day. Nothing change from the original route apart from the day. Included the slots status

A new voice in the "with selected" drop down menu to join selected routes in one. The selected routes must be identical with the exception of the day.

This could be useful when it is needed to edit the routes for whatever reason.

Both shouldn't modify the structure of the game in any way. They should be simply automation that helps the player a bit.

Thanks
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 10:47:46 PM »
Skid skid, lets go!

Offline FloF

• Members
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »

It would also be great to be able to split existing routes, e.g. make 7 routes, one for each day out of a single route covering every day.

If I schedules a route for 7 days a week in one route but now I would like to assign different days to different planes I have to rebuy the slots which is really really annoying.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 10:49:24 PM »
It would also be great to be able to split existing routes, e.g. make 7 routes, one for each day out of a single route covering every day.

If I schedules a route for 7 days a week in one route but now I would like to assign different days to different planes I have to rebuy the slots which is really really annoying.

Close the route, keep the slots, create new 7 day routes using slots you own.

Profit

Offline FloF

• Members
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 09:52:11 AM »
I have tried the "keep the slots" option, but it hasn't worked for me. I don't know what I did wrong...

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »
The "keep the slots" approach work well, but is very time consuming.

When I need to make changes to my 7 days schedule, for example to move them to a more modern plane, I do the folllowing:

• filter the routes by flight number so that all and only the routes I want to change are shown in the page
  • select all but one of the routes
  • delete the selected routes keeping the slots
  • edit the remain route, add the missing days and save
  • make the desired changes to the route and save
  • middle click (on Chrome open it in a new tab) on "create route like" this button
  • delete the original route keeping the slot (take note of the flight no)
  • go in the tab with the new route, deselect all but one days, put the original flight number (optional) and save
  • click "create a route like this for next day" and save
  • repeat the above for all days
  • schedule the flights.
  • do that for all your 7 days schedules and enjoy the nightmares in the following night  :)

This works but assumes that you have one flight number for the 7 days routes. No slot are lost, unless you change the departure times too much.

That's why I would like an option to split (and eventually join) a route.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:17:17 PM by Luperco »
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2015, 08:22:12 PM »
I love 7-day scheduling, but it is so tedious to set up and maintain.  I really like the suggestions here, and I think this could go a long way to improve the scheduling interface of the game.

I really like that Sami has added the feature that all the routes in a 7-day schedule to the same destination appear as one flight number when viewing route pairs.  Unfortunately, for the individual user who has those 7-day routes, all of them still appear individually on the manage routes screen. 

Could it please be possible to show these also as only one route?  I ask because it becomes very tedious to update the pricing of all of these single day routes.  I know you can "price manage" but this applies to all of the routes for that city pair.   I (normally) do not wish to update pricing on all routes to that city pair, so I need to pick out a specific time slot that I wish to update.

Thanks!

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2015, 01:03:44 PM »
bump

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »
bump

You know, this bump got me to thinking about it. We've got to be careful what we wish for, as often times, the cure to our ills is worse than the actual ill itself. Specifically in this case, let's say you can quickly make a 5x7 day route setup with a couple of clicks. Then head over to the scheduling page... for those of you that have had 35 unassigned routes for a plane type and have tried to figure out which bleeping day belongs to which bleeping plane, you'll know exactly where i'm going with this....

For those that don't, give it a try...

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »
I know exactly what you're talking about, Schro (though I've not really had any issue with this per se, it is cumbersome).  However, please see my solution on page 1 with this post.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 06:49:35 PM »
I know exactly what you're talking about, Schro (though I've not really had any issue with this per se, it is cumbersome).  However, please see my solution on page 1 with this post.

Your expectations on the resolution of this feature request are far greater than mine :-D

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 09:25:53 PM »
I want a function to recreate the route i just made for day 1 for all other 6 days using same parameters. Its not that hard right?
Same counts for changing routes in the future to other plane types. Why am I wasting so much click time on something simple?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 5 people who like this post:
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 11:03:53 PM »
To be added tomorrow

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: [ok] "Create routes like this for the next 6 days"
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 12:27:58 PM »
Perfect!

How about an editing tool to change routes (swap plane type) (without altering the TO Time or other things, just the plane type)

Offline jjj

• Members
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 01:13:46 PM »
nice addition :)

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 03:41:36 AM »
I love this new feature! ;D   great addition!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.